Vintage gear found today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are reflections on the "da", it does make it look like it was exposed to a fire at first glance though.

I really only had the idea of getting one double hose to learn about, then I started searching craigslist, ebay, local classifieds, looking on the walls of the local Cracker Barrel, Applebees ect. I can't seem to stop myself...:D

My first aquamaster has been rebuilt and arrived in the mail today.

Going to get it into the pool for some practice next week. :D:D

Is there a polish or other method to get some of the minor scratches out ?

img%5D

IMG_1510.JPG

url%5D

Looks a beauty as it is....I wouldn't even try to anything about the scratches, especially if you're going to actually use it as intended.
I've never had much success at polishing out scratches from chrome anyway.

If you are going to use it, you will be much happier if you leave it alone.
Think about taking that $20,000 custom show paint job on your monster 4x4 to the mud bog.
Being old is what gives it character, or so I am told. I you leave the scratches, It won't get any worse. The minute you rechrome, you will agonize over the first scratch.

My husband still has most of his gear from the 70's he has a back plate, a setup for making a twin 50's or 80' with J valve, US Divers Yellow horse collar BC w/ auto inflater, A Dacor Horse collar BC orange and black, Dacor 2 hose regulator, Us divers 2 hose regulator with pressure gauge port, and a sea voice for talking underwater. He is the original owner of most of the gear and it is all in good working condition. Is there any value in this gear?

My husband still has most of his gear from the 70's he has a back plate, a setup for making a twin 50's or 80' with J valve, US Divers Yellow horse collar BC w/ auto inflater, A Dacor Horse collar BC orange and black, Dacor 2 hose regulator, Us divers 2 hose regulator with pressure gauge port, and a sea voice for talking underwater. He is the original owner of most of the gear and it is all in good working condition. Is there any value in this gear?

Nope...none whatsoever
I'll be glad to dispose of that worthless stuff for you.

Welcome to the board. Sure it has some value, a lot depends on condition and exactly what you have. Backplates are in the $5 to $20 range for the most part, same for the horse collar BCs (the yellow USD one is likey no good even if it looks perfect- the inside bladders on those were garbage, almost all of them are not useable even though the outside looks new). Depending on what the regs are, they may have a fair amout of value. First off, if they look like the photo above then they are double hose regs and do have some value, if on the other hand they are single hose regs (ie- have small 1/2 or so in diameter and the hoses are straight- not corrigated like the ones above ) then the value is considerably less. The value of the manifold varies a lot with brand, condition and style. If you care to sell the items, you can Ebay it or post photos here and take offers. Bottom line, yes it has value, what depends on a lot of factors.

Back
Top Bottom