Vintage gear found today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCAT

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this in the wilds of Georgia. I'm having trouble with tank ID. Has a round bottom, US Divers. I think the last hydro was 1986? Seems to be low pressure I think? It's prob. not salvageable.

The back tray is in good condition, has a carry handle even. Someone put it on upside down.

url%5D

It's a steel 2250 psi 72 cf tank, slightly smaller than an 80 cf tank. Pop the valve off and take a look inside, it's probably OK or may just need to be rolled.

I just sent out two Voit 45cf tanks with original dates of 1959 last hydro 1983 for new hydros. They were clean like the day they were born inside. Going to be a great addition to my dive capable vintage collection.

Never take that attitude til you open it up. If it's steel it could have 50 more years left in it. What does the label on the reg say?

What you have is a U S Divers steel 71.2 cu/ft @2477 psi which is more than likely to pass hydro, a USD back pack, maybe a CamEZ but I cant tell in the picture plus it is on upside down and a U S Divers DA AquaMaster or if you are real lucky a Royal AquaMaster. All can be put back into useable condition.

From the looks of the yoke size and the blue label (plus the hookah port), I would say it is a DA Aqua Master.

As mentioned above, the tank is probably fine.

The regulator can be easily rebuilt and dived...
WARNING: diving with double hose regulators is extremely addicting and can easily lead to the purchasing of many more double hose regulators.
:D

All the rubber parts for that regulator are readily available, including reproduction hoses in silicone, silicone diaphragms, mouthpiece and mouthpiece valves, etc.

For service with all new replacement parts you can send it to:
Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving
Vintage Double Hose • View topic - Any one interested in a Vintage Dive on a NY Wreck?

Last edited:
WARNING: diving with double hose regulators is extremely addicting and can easily lead to the purchasing of many more double hose regulators.

Amen, skippy!

Richard

Amen to your Amen. Dang things are like potato chips, you can't have just one. I did have to laugh at the backpack being upside down.

JCAT you are right none of it is salvageable, total junk…...I will be happy to drive your way and dispose of it properly for you. :)
Seriously, you have a great start to a really nice vintage setup. There are plenty of us here on SB and on the Vintage Double Hose board to help you along if you want to get the old rig up and running.

Ya'll have some sharp eyes, that's for sure.
The backpack is a Kam EZ Pak, could not find a date on it. Besides dust, it looks really good.
I have never seen one like this before.

The reg is a DA "aqua-master" Blue label. Hoses are long gone. It's going to be rebuilt. I'm going to re-read the posts in this forum as I think this has a short yoke on it and needs a longer one for a banjo. (Am I thinking right?)

The tank, I dunno. Here's some more pictures. It appears to have plumbers tape around the valve? I have not taken it off yet. The earliest hydro date appears to be '64', but it's really hard to make out. Not sure.

Thanks for all the help.

That, my friend, is a very nice find. Out of curiosity... a pawn shop? Grandpa's closet? Yard sale?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom