Vintage gear at tradeshow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went to the Tacoma dive and travel show and saw some good vintage stuff. Most of it came from the Flashback Scuba Museum display (Tacoma) but one or two came from other booths.

Picture2004-5.jpg

Picture2005-3.jpg

Picture2006-4.jpg

In this photo one can trace the airlines and see how they used one tank (right side) as a reserve.

Picture2007-4.jpg

Picture2008-3.jpg

Picture2009-3.jpg

Picture2010-3.jpg

I have been wanting to plumb up a set of triples like the ones in the 4th photo. All I need to do is convince the wife I need 3 more tanks.

Thanks for sharing, Dale.

I have been wanting to plumb up a set of triples like the ones in the 4th photo. All I need to do is convince the wife I need 3 more tanks.

I have the same problem trying to explain why I need 8 pairs of fins and ten masks???

I like that set up too. I sometimes wish I knew a bit more about pipefitting, welding and had a compressor. There is no real vintage community up here (that I have come across) and it would be pretty hard to get someone to fill a system like that even if I could build it. What was interesting to note looking at those rigs was the inventiveness that existed at one point in diving. People, particularily Cousteau it seems, were really experimenting with different configurations. Now we just seem to have single K valves and twin isolating manifolds. I'm not agency bashing but, one downside to standardization is that it quashes creativity. Looking at that old gear was more inspiring to me than all the new gimmicky stuff a lot of the vendors were trying to sell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom