Vintage Double Hose Reg - Seahorse - Anyone ever seen one of these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All!
I recently came across this and was hoping for some insight from the vintage gear experts!
This thread from 17 years ago is the only thing I could find anywhere on the web with any real reference to this so I figured I would revive an old thread and its previous comments.
So… what history can anyone enlighten me/us with this set up? Rare? Value (historical or $$)? I do have and can additional pictures if needed.
Thanks and happy Veteran’s Day!
Yeah, That’s it !!!

Yes, in the same light that a Ferrari compares to a Ford F150. It is rare, and would sell for a pricey sum to an interested collector.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine and collector of vintage gear
Yes Greg, I still believe that Rob, Alec, Allan K. Or Luis may have some insight on this one.
Scott G. Bonser

Hey Scott,
keep in mind that other than my post this morning, this thread is from 2006!
I normally would have started a new thread but I figured the conversation (as old as it is) would be valuable to my inquiry, and this is assuming it is even the same equipment because the pictures from 2006 are long gone.
Thank you!

Here are a few more detailed pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpeg
    IMG_5414.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5418.jpeg
    IMG_5418.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5415.jpeg
    IMG_5415.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 41
Hey Scott,
keep in mind that other than my post this morning, this thread is from 2006!
I normally would have started a new thread but I figured the conversation (as old as it is) would be valuable to my inquiry, and this is assuming it is even the same equipment because the pictures from 2006 are long gone.
Thank you!

Here are a few more detailed pictures.
Not a problem AWAGS. They are truly a ( unique ?? ) regulator to say the least. To actually ‘find’ one is let’s say ‘Epic’ I am Sure Rob w/TSM knows them as well as Alec, & simonbeans. To find one that works or can be restored is another issue. Hey thanks for sharing your insight and experiences.

the ‘giantfroginthepool’
Scott G. Bonser

I'd appreciate that. I don't know where to begin, I guess I'd have to say that it's not worth mounting the garage expedition if it woun't fetch say $750. I'll just save it for my son's college fund, can't loose value in ten more years.<G>
Well, it's been over 10 years so dig it out and list it here.

Back
Top Bottom