Vintage dive pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClevelandDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a vintage style wetsuit from diveskin.net in mail last week, and of course I had to make a trip to the quarry yesterday to try it out. As I was swimming about, it sounded like someone was shouting my name through their regulator. Half expecting Mike Nelson, I turned to see David Haas. He shot a couple a pictures of me in my vintage gear and emailed them to me the same day. Absolutely made my day!

My apologies for the dangling SPG. I will trust the J valve next time.

Great pictures! Just right for your NAVED card :wink:

Looks like a real diver not a Christmas tree full of ornaments.

You need a vintage Sea Vue guage or old USD vertical guage.

How is the quality of that suit? I have an old Voit advertisement that shows some wetsuits that had a tie-dye like effect so I have been thinking they could do one in that underwater camo color. The way they cut the suits nowadays is different as well, more research I guess. The beaver tail, does it have snaps, clips or what?

Looks like you bumped into the right guy there for some pics.

Better not let Gomez see that D-ring or you will need some new hoses!
N

Nemrod:
You need a vintage Sea Vue guage or old USD vertical guage.

How is the quality of that suit? I have an old Voit advertisement that shows some wetsuits that had a tie-dye like effect so I have been thinking they could do one in that underwater camo color. The way they cut the suits nowadays is different as well, more research I guess. The beaver tail, does it have snaps, clips or what?

Looks like you bumped into the right guy there for some pics.

Better not let Gomez see that D-ring or you will need some new hoses!
N

I have a Sea Vue, but it had a slight leak last weekend and I haven't had a chance to try and fix it yet.

The beaver tail set up is my only gripe about the suit. I wanted a true center zip with 2 metal tabs like my shark skin. What I got was an offset zipper that breaks to the right at the bottom with a clip in the center of the tail. The clip is basically a hole that you thread through a plastic T attached to a string. Kinda cheesy, but it works.

I'll have to 86 the D-ring and get rid of the SPG. The computer has to go too, I had the wind up Princeton bottom timer out last week and it looked much better on my wrist.

If Gomez cuts me up, at least I will have an excuse to buy the new super stretch hoses I have been eyeing up!

justleesa:
Great pictures! Just right for your NAVED card :wink:

Had I known David was prowling with his camera, I would removed all that modern clutter from my gear. I was just testing out a couple of things and had my training wheels on.

I hope to run into him again without the SPG, D-ring or computer ruining the picture.

That will just leave me with modern gloves and booties. Anyone know where I can get vintage style 1/4" gloves and boots without any logos or other distractions on them?

Oh yeah, and what do I need to do to get into that secret NAVED society?

Great photo, just couldn't see that great reg. This may be a skosh better.

Jim

NAVED you ask--what NAVED????!!!!!!!!, I have seen enough to know your the real deal. We need a picture, there is a small fee that will go to have the card made up, the picture will be sent to be included in the card. I prefer a surface picture so we can see your face. It is afterall an ID card. Just get your wife to take one or something. We like the dive gear in it but it is not an absolute requirment. Visit the NAVED website that links from VDH, pm me if you have problems.
Oh, we may require an oath of allegience and a sacrifice, perhaps burning an Apecks or an AquaLung Legend and then offering the ashes to the sea gods while dancing and chanting AquaMaster, AquaMaster. After all, what sort of secret society would we be without rituals and oaths and secret spy cards and decoder rings? N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom