Vintage Day in Raleigh, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
NC Divers is hosting a vintage day at Gypsy Divers in Raleigh,NC on Feb 13. We will be spending about an hour in the classroom discussing double hose regs then spend an hour or 2 in the pool. We will cover the basics of how they operate, what they look like inside and the differences in diving a double hose regulator as opposed to a single hose design. After the classroom, we will have several different models that are fully operational pools side for you to test dive. If you would like to learn a little about double hose regulator and how they are different, come join us. There is not cost for the event, we are just bored and want to get wet.

awesome idea!

anybody in the area is welcome. it is cross-posted on ncdivers.com, but that's not a membership thing, either, so all divers can drop in & try some 'new' things and meet some new folks.

Wow, I wish I could attend.

Henrik

A long drive but you are certainly welcome to come. :)

If you have an interest in vintage, Portage Quarry in Ohio has a big event every August. A lot of the vintage names you see here attend.

If you are ever in the area, drop me a PM, we can arrange a dive.

awesome idea!

anybody in the area is welcome. it is cross-posted on ncdivers.com, but that's not a membership thing, either, so all divers can drop in & try some 'new' things and meet some new folks.

That is the reason I posted it here. I know there are a good many mid NC SB members that may not see the post there. Hope to see you there Ms Duck, it's been too long since we have seen each other.

Hey Herman! It sounds like a great event, wish I could attend.
I'll be there in spirit with you. Brat

Herman,

How about you take some photos and post them here. That would be fun to see, along with a description of the reaction people have to double hose regulators for the first time.

SeaRat

Will do John.
Brat would love to see you again as well.... I need to bring a couple of regs your way and let you dive them at home.

A long drive but you are certainly welcome to come. :)

If you have an interest in vintage, Portage Quarry in Ohio has a big event every August. A lot of the vintage names you see here attend.

If you are ever in the area, drop me a PM, we can arrange a dive.

Certainly would be a bit of a drive :wink: But I have been down that way a few times and will be sure to get in touch with you next time. Thanks,

Henrik

Will do John.
Brat would love to see you again as well.... I need to bring a couple of regs your way and let you dive them at home.

It would be great to dive with you again. I would like to try out a double hose. None down here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom