Villa Aldora Management Job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sadly, after 5 years Brent and Debbie are going for full retirement on March 1 to a farm in Southern Indiana. Thus we are looking for a new managing couple to take over. It is my preference to find people who share our love of Cozumel thus I'll only post here. Anyone looking for a wonderful life style in this paradise, and truly like people and serving them, can e mail me dave@aldora.com and lets talk.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

I will be sorry to see them go! Good people. I'll be sure to wish them well when I'm back on island for Christmas. Wish I could take over :)

Dear Gordon,

This is actually the third time they are retiring. They were both Colonels in the Air Force and divers who found Aldora. When they had the chance to retire from the Air Foece they chose to "retire" at the Villa Aldora. But I can tell you from personal experience, it is very easy to turn Paradise into a job…I did so in 1992. And those who have known Brent and Debbie, it is a job—but they never get any sympathy.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Its a Very, Very tough job! 24/7 with really Needy people on vacation wanting something (generally for nothing) all the time at all hours at their convenience. I've watched this progression at the Villa since the inception. Kay and Greg were first, a couple of other quick experiments and Steve did it solo for a while (I don't know how he did it) then with great military precision, Brent and Debbie. I've become friends with them all. I will truly miss Brent and Debbie as part of our Cozumel "Familia". Who ever takes on this job has some very large shoes to fill...

Dave-

May wanna contact cbm32 here on SB...He and his wife have a bit of background in these types of work...not to mention they love Coz... great people.

Bubs

Dear Gordon,

This is actually the third time they are retiring. They were both Colonels in the Air Force and divers who found Aldora. When they had the chance to retire from the Air Foece they chose to "retire" at the Villa Aldora. But I can tell you from personal experience, it is very easy to turn Paradise into a job…I did so in 1992. And those who have known Brent and Debbie, it is a job—but they never get any sympathy.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers
Oh, I know that it is possible to work very hard in Cozumel. It wasn't the activity that I was alluding to but the location. I know of many more folks working in the US and retiring to the Caribbean than the other way round. At any rate, my comment wasn't to be taken seriously; we all have our own situations and decisions to make.

Dear Gordon,

I don't think anyone took your comment in a negative way, certainly not me…it is kinda humorous!

Back
Top Bottom