COZUMEL – ALDORA – JUN26 – JUL06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Cert1967 I don't understand how you could go in light of the US restrictions on non-essential travel to Mexico? Am really curious to understand.
Thanks.

@Dave Dillehay
@Memo Mendoza

How could we go? It was easy ...

We drove to the local airport, EGE. Half-past two departure delayed almost two hours.

AA's text alerts are great. We had a plesant lunch and enjoyed a walk along the Eagle river.​

Flew to DFW with 20 other passengers

Spent the night at the Grand Hyatt, clean room, OK food, pleasant staff, few guests

DFW airport was empty, especially terminal D.

Flew to CZM - AA changed aircraft prior to the flight, causing a delay. About 50 folks on the flight.

Arrived CZM - easy IMG/CST - and no timeshare sales folks, the bar by the taxis had cold beer.

Van to Villa Aldora - private

Villa Aldora - terrific

Wonderful place to stay. Clean as a whistle, great managers, and the best boat pickup.

You wouldn’t like staying there.​

Aldora Diving - terrific

Nine days diving with Aldora. Two boat dives per day and many more dives in front of the Villa.

You wouldn’t like diving with Aldora, too much fun - and they only take happy folks diving​

The CZM vibe

Everyone in CZM was delighted we were there. Very few tourists, locals out and about. More than enough restaurants open for the business to be had. Taxi driver asked if he could have our business for the trip - a very pleasant fellow. We called him and before I could finish my beer he was at the gate. Same for the ride back to the Villa.​

Flights home a repeat of the inbound trip.

Our truck was hot and dirty when we landed at EGE

Do you drive a Prius?
Solar panels on your roof?​

Aldora? Probably not for you?

Very enjoyable trip. In fact, we are planning on returning the first week of August

And, of course, staying at Villa Aldora and diving with Aldora Diving

Hope you are enjoying your summer?

Maybe you should look up to the heavens, check the sky, let me know if it is falling

It was easy

We drove to the local airport EGE

Flew to DFW with 20 other passengers

Spent the night at the Grand Hyatt, clean room OK food

Flew to CZM - AA changed aircraft prior to flight. About 50 folks on the flight

Arrived CZM - easy

Van to Villa Aldora

Wonderful place to stay.

You wouldn’t like staying there​

Nine days diving with Aldora. Two boat dives per day and many dives in front of the Villa

You wouldn’t like diving with Aldora, too much fun - they only take happy folks diving​

Everyone in CZM was delighted we were there.

Flights home a repeat of inbound trip.

Truck was hot and dirty when we landed at EGE

Probably not for you

Very enjoyable, planning on returning the first week of August

Look up, check sky, let me know if it is falling

I think you just wrote every awesome dive trip synopsis in one fell swoop. Gorgeous.

Can't wait to be there in September. Oh, house party in Tulum on September 9th celebrating my 100th dive. BBQ and probably some tequila involved. I have a late flight on Thursday.

@Cert1967 I don't understand how you could go in light of the US restrictions on non-essential travel to Mexico? Am really curious to understand.

Thanks.
The restrictions only apply to the land borders.

Back
Top Bottom