VIDEO: Warm water & Manta Rays in Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the dive ops have a two tank twilight and night manta dive charter. They will advertise it on their website as such. When I was there a few weeks ago Jack's boat got their divers in the water first for the twilight dive, and they had a nice SI before the night dive. I don't remember there being more than one other boat besides Jacks, not counting the Aggressor, that did two dives at the site.

You and Kenn must have gone to the same soundtrack picking school! That or you're just natural pro's :wink:.

Thanks! I actually heard that song on another underwater video and stole the idea. :)

Thanks! I actually heard that song on another underwater video and stole the idea. :)

Huh, that's what I tend to do. So the answer is the first of the two I guess :rofl3:

Did you use the same song in one of your videos Gombessa? I tend to see you videos while I am at work, and since I don't have speakers - I never hear the soundtrack. :(

Haha no that's not what I meant. I was just saying I also take music from other underwater videos, cause I already know it "works" for the scene. Since we both do that, we obviously "go to the same soundtrack picking school" :D

Most of the dive ops have a two tank twilight and night manta dive charter. They will advertise it on their website as such. When I was there a few weeks ago Jack's boat got their divers in the water first for the twilight dive, and they had a nice SI before the night dive. I don't remember there being more than one other boat besides Jacks, not counting the Aggressor, that did two dives at the site.

I think I dove with Jack's also. But, that was back in 2004. (I can look it up if you really need to know.)

When I did it there was a pro videographer that came out and made videos for each of the charters. I think I paid $70 for my DVD copy which was sent to me in the mail a few weeks later. I thought it was expensive, but it was well done and I really enjoy it to this day. :uwphotographer:

There was a videographer from Jacks named Keller on our trip who did a great video. I probably would have bought the video, but it was unclear how and I was simply too tired to try to figure it out. :)

Doc: it really was an amazing dive. The sheer numbers and size of the rus was astonishing. Really amazing.

Back
Top Bottom