Video Review - Suunto D5 vs Shearwater Teric vs Garmin Descent MK1 vs Ratio iDive Colour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @Jay

@drainaps No I counter most of the nonsense spoken against Suunto’s for the Eon, with I have a great deal of dive time with

I’ll critique my Perdix, because I’ve run it alongside the Eon, for 200+ dives

I can’t comment on the Teric because I’ve only had it in my hand on dry land. I don’t think Searwaters are the be all and end all that some people try to convey (nor do I think the Eon is)

I will stand by my previous comments about Eon vs Perdix

I still think the Teric and D5 are in much different price brackets, so not a fair comparison. If someone’s got th e money for the Teric, then that’s what they’ll buy

Personally I wouldn’t buy any small form computer, not my preference

Reactions: Jay
I own a couple of Terics and I've had the opportunity to make an above and under water comparison to the Suunto Core. The comparison lasts exactly 2 seconds: screen vs screen and you want to throw the Suunto away and get the Teric back from your dive buddy.

I have only compared them above water, but that was exactly my experience as well - compared against 2 different Eon Core units, both confirmed to be set on Max brightness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom