Video question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jeff, no my website is not built at Allenhost, it is with Yahoo right now. I'm using Allenhost for streaming video since Yahoo does not support it. My intention is to eventually move it all to Allenhost, but I have to buy the web editor (i.e. Frontpage), first. This is my second software on the list to purchase. First being Ulead Video Studio, then Frontpage, so it will be after the first of the year before I can make the switch.

If you already have your web editor, Allenhost would be a good choice to host it.

The video address is www.allenhost.com/gallery/savannahscuba

A.

Thanks for the kind words on my videos.

You don't need a web editor like "Frontpage" to generate a webpage. Frontpage may makes things easier, but if you want a basic webpage a text editor like notepad will do.

I generated my website using a text editor, writing "html" code. It's not that hard. Once you have the basic commands is just a matter of a lot of copy/paste.

Go to any webpage on the internet, click the "view" button on the top pulldown menu of Internet Explorer, click "view source"

You should now see the html code of that webpage. The more complex the webpage, the more complex the code. Simple webpage, simple code.

Thanks for the info., but I don't have the time or patience to write my own html. I do a little html writing to know the basics. I think Front Page is worth the investment to save a lot of time. Not to knock writing html. I would prefer a diffent route. My hats definitley go out to anyone who writes their own. Wish I had the patience for it.

A.

Well Ladies and Gents (or should I say Lady and Gent), I think I may be out my depth (pun intended).
At this point I'm just sending out DVD copies to the divers that I met while diving in Grand Cayman. If either of you would like, I'd be more than happy to send you a copy for critique. Although I will warn you that this is my first foray into video and I most definetly broke the 20 minute rule.
:puter:
Jeff

Count me in, I'd love to view it, even though I'm not experienced enough to critique anything. I do like viewing other people's work...gives me something to work on as far as editing my video clips. Thx.

Address

Andrea O'Connor
P.O. Box 14178
Savannah, GA. 31416

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom