[Video] Oahu, Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Here is my last video production....
no, not in Monterey, not with my rebreather....

at Oahu Island, Hawaii, last september
There is direct flight from Sacramento, 5 hours later I was in the heaven.

I was using my gopro camera, 1280x720.
Movie is 15min long, the quality is better on Youtube since they accept bigger file than Vimeo (<500Mo)
Enjoy
M
[video=youtube_share;nJ-K8LkT-eE]http://youtu.be/nJ-K8LkT-eE Aloha O'ahu Honu on Vimeo[/video]
[video=vimeo;31471681]http://vimeo.com/31471681[/video]

Very nice video. It looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing it. It makes me want to go back soon.

nice video!!! I just bought the Gopro Hero 2. did you buy a flat lens corrector for your Gopro?

nice video!!! I just bought the Gopro Hero 2. did you buy a flat lens corrector for your Gopro?

I bought a new case with a flat lens, so I use this one only for diving, and keep the other one for other activity such as ski.
You check this video that I did when I bought the Sartek housing.
[video=youtube_share;wSix9UoeoQY]http://youtu.be/wSix9UoeoQY?hd=1[/video]
I am not sure that the sartek one is the best, as you can notice there is a black (vignetting effect) on the corner. For my videos, i used the mode R5 (no vignetting effect) but my computer doesn't like to work on so much big files. So I used the R2 mode and I crop a little the corner to get a 4/3 ratio or a 16/9 ratio.
if you go back on my channel MYKADIVING on Vimeo or Youtube
-the last video" Aloha O'ahu Honu" is R2 cropped keeping the 16/9 ratio
- the one named " Pilgrimage to Twin Peaks" is R2 cropped to get a 4/3 ratio
- the one named The "Mola-Mola's Barge of Breakwater" is originally shoot with R5 mode with the original 16/9 ratio, but it was hard to edit it with my laptop...

I remember that an original flat lens case was sold , the name was "eye of mine" or something like that. I chose the sartek one because it was cheaper at this time and tested at 200ft.

I hope this will help you,
email me if you have questions.
Mickael

Thanks Myka! The video looks great! Some day I will have to go there and see it for myself. I notice you went single side mount (looks like no wing?). Why didn't you take the breather with you? Was weight an issue with the airlines?

Thanks Myka! I am leaving in the morning for Kauai. Guess I better bring my video rig!

Thanks Myka! The video looks great! Some day I will have to go there and see it for myself. I notice you went single side mount (looks like no wing?). Why didn't you take the breather with you? Was weight an issue with the airlines?

I travelled few times (on the plane) with the rebreather... It's so stressfull that I will probably never do it again, except to go back in France in 2012 (definitevely, i am so sad...)
there is no easy way to get sofnolime/oxygen in hawaii (oahu), and I was on the island only for 6 days.
Then it's not deep and people use to dive 40min and no more. The regular sidemount (2 tanks) was already overkill for this kind of dive. Have you try the monosidemount ? amazing, you feel free, like freediving.

btw, I have a wing, but it's a very small one, but I consider that it's way enough. So, I am using that, sorry for the link if it's considere like advert, please remove.
UTD Equipment - +1 206 321-0870 [email]sales@utdequipment.com[/email] click on Z-trim
UTD Online Store - +1 206 321-0870 - [email]sales@utdequipment.com[/email]

Thanks Myka! I am leaving in the morning for Kauai. Guess I better bring my video rig!
enjoy
I expect some pictures and videos ! have fun

i finally saw the awesome youtube video of the Mola mola... that is my favorite fish! i was only at Breakwater once, and i didn't get to see any...so disappointed. i looked at your dive profile and you saw them at 36 meters?

i finally saw the awesome youtube video of the Mola mola... that is my favorite fish! i was only at Breakwater once, and i didn't get to see any...so disappointed. i looked at your dive profile and you saw them at 36 meters?

glad you like it.
36' means 36min. The depth on the barge is around 19-20m (depth on the left side on the graphic)
The last friday, I was at breakwater, and all the mola mola that I saw (3 or 4) were almost dead or dead, some were covered by starfishes.
It was not a nice picture, but "C'est la vie".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom