Video: MacAbee Beach with seals: March 1, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video Kenn! I really need to dive McAbee again soon...I love the seal encounters!!

Very nice! I would love to try and get in another dive before I head to FL if anyone wants to try to make one.

That must have been a bit of a swim back for you all - suckage. But I like the ending and those seals were sooooo adorable and playful both with you and with each other. Lovely!

In your video, I noticed a table where you had your rig. One of the things I hate about some of the shore dives in Monterey is that there's no wall/shelf I can use to put my rig on, which means I pretty much have no choice but to have a buddy lift it for me so I can slip my arms in the straps. (I don't have a truck either that would work, just a car.)

So (a) how much does that table hold, and (b) where did you get it? I'm wondering if I might be able to use something like that to put my rig on, upright, for just a minute or two, and then back up to it and slip my arms into the straps. (I don't use a separate weight belt, so with BC + 26 lbs + tanks is fairly hefty.)

Any other suggestions welcome. Of course, I also just like the idea of having my rig up and away from any sand/dirt!!

It's called the X Sawhorse. You can get them at Home Depot, and they are rated for 650 lbs. or something like that.

In your video, I noticed a table where you had your rig. One of the things I hate about some of the shore dives in Monterey is that there's no wall/shelf I can use to put my rig on, which means I pretty much have no choice but to have a buddy lift it for me so I can slip my arms in the straps. (I don't have a truck either that would work, just a car.)

So (a) how much does that table hold, and (b) where did you get it? I'm wondering if I might be able to use something like that to put my rig on, upright, for just a minute or two, and then back up to it and slip my arms into the straps. (I don't use a separate weight belt, so with BC + 26 lbs + tanks is fairly hefty.)

Any other suggestions welcome. Of course, I also just like the idea of having my rig up and away from any sand/dirt!!

They are often branded X-Tables. You can often find them at Home Depot and Lowes, but not all stores carry them. I think they are around $50. Pretty common with people diving doubles.

Edit: Yeah what ^ he said.

Thanks for always posting your videos so quickly Kenn. I've been diving vicariously through photos and videos lately. I need to dive soon......ugggh :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom