VIDEO: How not to disassemble and reassemble your regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unrelated, but sounds like your compressor has a leak on the HP side?

Little bit of extra info I had tucked away - this came from Chris at HOG:

"The 5th port needs to be torqued to 160 inch pounds of force"

Hope that helps someone!

Little bit of extra info I had tucked away - this came from Chris at HOG:

"The 5th port needs to be torqued to 160 inch pounds of force"

Hope that helps someone!

What about the DIN port?

What about the DIN port?
Hmmm. If you're talking about the DIN connector that screws into the first stage, then it would be something that anyone who's taken the HOG reg repair class with Dive Right In Scuba should know. That person should also know the recommended tool to use for the job (boxed end adapter + torque wrench?).

FYI, other manufacturers specify 12-22 ft-lbs. as the torque spec. for the DIN connector on their first stages.

Hmmm. If you're talking about the DIN connector that screws into the first stage, then it would be something that anyone who's taken the HOG reg repair class with Dive Right In Scuba should know. That person should also know the recommended tool to use for the job (boxed end adapter + torque wrench?).

FYI, other manufacturers specify 12-22 ft-lbs. as the torque spec. for the DIN connector on their first stages.

:-D. Sweet. Looking forward the the second stage rebuild.

Garth, great videos. I enjoyed watching them.

Was just wondering, have you come around to rebuilding and filming your second stages?

Looking forward to it.

Cheers.

Yes. I rebuilt my second stages the other week and filmed it. I will have to get the video together after the new year. :)

Stay tuned. I might do a second thread titled second stage disassembly and reassembly.

Why wait?? I have a 2nd stage that I'd like to know how "NOT" to disassemble now.

If you do make a new thread please link to it from here so those of us subscribed to this thread dont miss it!

Thanks

Yes. I rebuilt my second stages the other week and filmed it. I will have to get the video together after the new year. :)

Stay tuned. I might do a second thread titled second stage disassembly and reassembly.

Fantastic, will be looking forward to it.

Thanks for doing this and have a Happy New Year!
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom