Video from the Vandenberg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing, and I have to wonder what the other divers thought on the boat, when they were all preparing for a 140' dive, and saw you jumping in with just a scooter, holding your breath as you passed them going down, and on the dive, scootering around them with no tank on your back !

Thats incredible holding your your breath, not only one way, but to hold it all the way down, scooter around and shoot video, and all the way back up !

Keep up the great work, as you were probably the first ever free diver on her!

Thanks for sharing, and I have to wonder what the other divers thought on the boat, when they were all preparing for a 140' dive, and saw you jumping in with just a scooter, holding your breath as you passed them going down, and on the dive, scootering around them with no tank on your back !

Thats incredible holding your your breath, not only one way, but to hold it all the way down, scooter around and shoot video, and all the way back up !

Keep up the great work, as you were probably the first ever free diver on her!

It is interesting, free divers seem to be transparent to SCUBA divers. I can recall many years ago going down to the fore deck of the Duane, no scooter in those days. I moved aft with a strong south current, swept up and in front of five divers on the wing bridge and not one saw me. May have been slightly narc'd? I ended up covering over half the length of the wreck with all that current before I surfaced. I think a couple folks noticed me underwater on the Vandenberg but that was about it.

The scooter does most of the work making covering a lot of ground feasible. If there is a lot of current, it might be the only way you can free dive some of these deeper current prone spots.

Thanks, hope to shoot something interesting this weekend. More to come on that. Have a good weekend folks!

The wreck is one year old this week! I was able to dive it a few days after it was sunk resulting in this video. Have to get back and free dive & video it again now that it is populated by fish.

More at:
http://pdf.keysnews.com/frontpage.pdf

Awesome video!

I work for WPBT2 in Miami and we are premiering our newest episode of Changing Seas on June 22 called "Sinking the Vandenberg".

Check out our facebook page at: Login | Facebook
And join us for a live chat about the show at 8pm on June 22!!! If you cant see it on your local PBS station we will have the SHOW in its entirety on our FACEBOOK PAGE!

For more info visit us at Home - Changing Seas - WPBT2 Public Television Series or email me at nicholso@wpbt.org

Thanks and I appreciate the heads up on your program. Looks like a must see! Tomorrow night at 7:30 pm or on your Facebook page.

Your trailer really sells the show:
YouTube - Changing Seas - "Sinking the Vandenberg"

Looks like you have a bunch of other intriguing episodes too at:
http://changingseas.tv/episode_guide.html

Awesome video!

I work for WPBT2 in Miami and we are premiering our newest episode of Changing Seas on June 22 called "Sinking the Vandenberg".

Check out our facebook page at: Login | Facebook
And join us for a live chat about the show at 8pm on June 22!!! If you cant see it on your local PBS station we will have the SHOW in its entirety on our FACEBOOK PAGE!

For more info visit us at Home - Changing Seas - WPBT2 Public Television Series or email me at nicholso@wpbt.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom