Video from Gilboa Dive - March 10th, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here is another quick trip report!

A friend of mine lent me his GoPro camera for a hope to be soon Florida cave trip. So, I thought it would be good to take a dip in Gilboa to give the camera a try. The weather was awesome for a March day. Sun was out and it made for some nice surface interval time. The quarry was basically empty. This dive was an entry from the deep side and then a swim over to the shallow side. I practiced some running of line through the "forest" area and then swam around the various attractions on the shallow side. Overall a very fun and relaxing dive. However, it is much more work dealing with all the thermals and gloves needed for diving up here than what I had to have while diving in the caves in Florida a few weeks ago! Hope you enjoy the video!

GET OUT AND DIVE!

[VIMEO]38453917[/VIMEO]

Forgot to add that in the writeup. Water temps were 42 degrees. First dive was right at 1 hour long and the second dive was about an hour and 10 minutes. Max depth first dive was about 60 ft. Max depth second dive was 119ft (this one ended up being a deco dive, about 15 minutes hang time). And, yeah, I know, the profiles for the dives were backwards, but Oh well! It was a great time.

Used the head strap for the Go Pro. Seems to work out pretty good. I keep toying with buying a Go Pro for myself. I am thinking of doing a hand mount if I get one. If I do that I will get the LCD screen for it as well so I can see what I am shooting video of as well.

This one had the standard housing. As you can see from the video, the above water footage is very crisp, but the underwater footage is a little blurry. Definitely need the flat lens fix for scuba diving. I'm really curious if this housing will take depths to 300 feet. This would be an awesome camera for one of my Trimix dives this summer in Lake Michigan!

I love that dive! Get a deep dive in along with a nice, gradual ascent followed by lots to see on the shallow-end at the end of the dive. I can't get to the video here at work but I hope to watch it tonight.

Did you remember to zip up the drysuit this time? :dork2:

I was under the impression that domed lenses were what one needed for underwater shots, not flat.

Used the head strap for the Go Pro. Seems to work out pretty good. I keep toying with buying a Go Pro for myself. I am thinking of doing a hand mount if I get one. If I do that I will get the LCD screen for it as well so I can see what I am shooting video of as well.

This one had the standard housing. As you can see from the video, the above water footage is very crisp, but the underwater footage is a little blurry. Definitely need the flat lens fix for scuba diving. I'm really curious if this housing will take depths to 300 feet. This would be an awesome camera for one of my Trimix dives this summer in Lake Michigan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom