VIDEO: Disassembly of HOG D1 second stage reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought I had posted this (and maybe I did on another thread) but I just wanted to say thank you for putting these up. I took my reg class yesterday, and having viewed them was very nice preparation for it.

I'm glad people have watched the video and like it. I've made the rebuild video and will post it soon. I also have a tiny video about how I rebuilt my OMS inflator. There isn't much to it but heck, half the battle in doing the work yourself is the fear of taking it apart and realizing you just got over your head. My purpose in posting the videos is to show you that there isn't a whole lot to it. Respect your gear, know it inside and out, and don't fear it because it's there to keep you alive underwater.

I would also like to add, I hope your life insurance is paid up because you are going to die if you dive that reg. What you did not factor in is all to voodoo and other black magic that needs to go back into the reg to make it work right. You need to bring it down to your local dive shop and to have them assemble it for you. I'm sure at your LDS they will advise you of the poor choices you have made(purchasing HOG regs then taking them apart your self) and try to sell you a $600 reg set off the shelf in the store(because isn't your life worth it?).

I don't use voodoo, I use red wine. ;-)

Haha. Yup.

Thanks for this. From what I can see as far as disassembly goes the only "specialty" tools one would need is the appropriate sized spanner and a way to hold the first stage while loosening things which could be easily fabricated. I assume you need special gauges to tune the pressures after the fact correct? I've read that the dual drive inline adjusting tool is required but could you not just adjust the orifice to taste using trial and error? HOG also says you need crows feet but I'm having a hard time seeing where they are required from this video.

Thanks
Dave

Any way to get the video downloaded to a PC. I would like to keep a copy of it handy even when internet is not availible.

Looking forward to the reassemble vid.

Highflier

Almost the same design as most other reg's [higher quality parts in the HOG]...1st stages [of most brands] are even simpler and only require an IP gauge to adjust ....If only people knew...!!!!

Crows feet?

Back
Top Bottom