VIDEO: Disassembly of HOG D1 second stage reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This might help you understand what goes on inside your regulator if you never saw the inside. Personally I think that open water certification should include taking apart diving equipment down to the O-rings. IMO this is how you really understand how things work.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. Now I know what's in my HOG D1. So far, all I ever do is a soak under pressure in fresh water, dry out, remove the outer ring, cap, and diaphragm and clean the inside really good.

Thanks for doing this Garth.
It's quite interesting to see how very few parts are involved in the 2nd stage.
And I completely agree with you on the idea of including dis-assembly/assembly of scuba equipment during OW/AOW classes.
It would certainly make for a better understanding of how "stuff" works and ultimately for a better overall diver.

Cheers, and happy New Year!

Good one, Garth......and you didn't even poke a hole in your finger while removing the orifice o-ring. :)

Thanks for the post/vid.

I do understand the reasoning behind no servicing reg in a OW class, But I do think that each of the vendors should do a better job at service manuals and training. I guess it is their way of supporting the LDS.

Highflier

It is their way of forcing divers into the LDS. Brilliant video! Every regulator should be made like this!

OMG, Rocket Surgery! :D
Thanks, nice video.

OMG, Rocket Surgery! :D
Thanks, nice video.

I would also like to add, I hope your life insurance is paid up because you are going to die if you dive that reg. What you did not factor in is all to voodoo and other black magic that needs to go back into the reg to make it work right. You need to bring it down to your local dive shop and to have them assemble it for you. I'm sure at your LDS they will advise you of the poor choices you have made(purchasing HOG regs then taking them apart your self) and try to sell you a $600 reg set off the shelf in the store(because isn't your life worth it?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom