Video: Amazing Point Lobos dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't the first time Ken has captured the moment with Leopards. I am kinda of thinking Ken is up to something, why is it that when he dives he sees and videos sharks?

To put things in perspective, the last and only other time I've seen a leopard shark was over a year ago, November 2008. I was carrying a camera then as well :)

[youtubehq]9dBOVp6SbSM[/youtubehq]

Of course, you don't usually see me in the water without a camera, so that may have something to do with it. Also, since that first encounter, there must have been over a dozen times when someone else diving the same site that day saw sharks while we struck out. I'm definitely not saying we were due to see six+ in a day, but I've been kinda counting the days since seeing my first!

Wow, Kenn!! That was a great video! Every video you post makes me really look forward to our trip there over New Years weekend....thanks for posting! Very cool sharks :D

I'll be the guy holding up the "Lobos Shark Tours - $10" sign :)

Ive heard pee can attract sharks... maybe Kenn and crew chuck a few gallons of water on the way down to Monterey, and then put the pee valves to use.

What's funny is, this is pretty much exactly what we do on the drive down (TMI?), except you have to substitute "coffee" for "water" :wink: Maybe I can carry some Blue Bottle grounds in my pocket next time and we'll see what happens!

Hey Brandon,

Can you see it now, you drive down to Lobos and you see Ken setting up a steel cage and he has a little Zodiak with a bunch of divers ready to sight see the Leopard sharks while in the safety of cage.

National Geographic on assignment featuring the fearless Diver Ken and his amazing bunnies that fear no sharks, always appearing at the end of some scary shark videos. :)

To put things in perspective, the last and only other time I've seen a leopard shark was over a year ago, November 2008. I was carrying a camera then as well :)

I saw a cute 4' Leapord Shark at Lobos on Dec 23rd and another one about a month before :).

I'm starting to think I need to invest in a little camera guess it's time for more research! Or perhaps just a thread ;-)

I was at Lobos today and specifically went on 1 dive to look for leopard sharks. Elusive little guys! Maybe I'll see one Thursday...

i've seen them all in sand channels mostly., very few in the rocks. but you guys right camerais next on a list., i want one of those flips in a case. anybody heard anything good about em?

Although a Leopard Shark would be way cool to see, I hope one day to see a Great White UNDERWATER. I sure don't want to see one at the surface.

I don't want to see one during a dive.

I want to HAVE SEEN one during a dive!

i've seen them all in sand channels mostly., very few in the rocks. but you guys right camerais next on a list., i want one of those flips in a case. anybody heard anything good about em?

Andrew, I use a Flip mostly. You can see my videos at youtube.com/leabre . The Flip records great video for that little thing (Youtube doesn't them justice, I like watching them on my HDTV in origional format (before uploading to YT).

They are great little cameras. You can't go wrong with one.

BTW: I am about to sell my Flip Ultra HD (with a Flip Ultra standard-def -- you may need two on boat trips depending on how much memory you fill up) and the Ikelite housing. Flips ($169 ea. at the time) + housing ($280) new, I'll sell both Flips and the housing for $375 + shipping if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom