Video: Amazing Point Lobos dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is Erik's vid from Saturday. Hope you don't mind Erik?
Point Lobos "Thumbs Up" dive on Vimeo

Not sure how to embed it and not going to take the time right now to learn.

Thanks Peter and Erik! Loved the video, seems like you guys had visibility at least as good as ours.

Here's the embed:
[vimeo]8305874[/vimeo]

Gotta click through to Vimeo to get full resolution though.

Peter (or Erik I guess :)),

Was that video taken with the hero-cam?
Looks like you guys had really really really nice viz! Was that great pinnacle?

Thanks Kenn, got the code now :)

Rob that was Thumbs Up. We did the Great Pinnacle for our first dive. Not sure what cam it was, but it was tiny and he had it strapped on his hand with a soft handle.

Is there a family name given to the types of sharks, like the leopard here, that don't have to swim continuously to get oxygen?

I've just started researching this myself. Lazy and looking for a shortcut! :)

TIA.

Cool vid btw.

Nice video Kenn thats a regular leopard shark bonanza.

Here is Erik's vid from Saturday. Hope you don't mind Erik?
Point Lobos "Thumbs Up" dive on Vimeo

Not sure how to embed it and not going to take the time right now to learn.

No I don't mind. Thanks again for taking the boat out on saturday for us Peter.

Peter (or Erik I guess :)),

Was that video taken with the hero-cam?
Looks like you guys had really really really nice viz! Was that great pinnacle?

Rob,

Yes this was the GoPro HD hero cam. I'd say the only negative would be the blur you get in water, in air it works fantastically though, and the field of view is extremely wide.

I didn't break it out on the first dive, but I should have as at the Great Pinnacle I think the viz was even better than the second dive.
-Erik

Great videos! I've been having withdrawals from not diving the past 2 weekends and watching these helped a little. :wink: I'm hoping to see the leopard sharks when I'm there on the 30th (fingers crossed).

Great videos! I've been having withdrawals from not diving the past 2 weekends and watching these helped a little. :wink: I'm hoping to see the leopard sharks when I'm there on the 30th (fingers crossed).

Good luck! Here is where I *think* we were when we saw the sharks. I really have no idea for sure, since we ascended about 20ft away the southern end of Whalers Cove :)

Leopard Sharks - Google Maps

Ken -As usual.. awesome footage!! I have only managed to see the swipe of ones tail and he was gone!
Interesting that they were so far into the cove-wonder if they were attracted by the krill,or what feeds on it?
Thanks again for sharing!

Drew

Good luck! Here is where I *think* we were when we saw the sharks. I really have no idea for sure, since we ascended about 20ft away the southern end of Whalers Cove :)

Leopard Sharks - Google Maps

Thanks Kenn! I'll check out that area and let you know if I find any. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom