Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10' + at Camel Point (helijet). Wreck remains elusive.

10' + at Camel Point (helijet). Wreck remains elusive.
Oh no! What direction did you go? There's a bit of a map at the bottom of the page:index
By the way, I've heard second or third hand from the Underwater Archaeological Society of B.C. that it's the wreck of the Queen, which was a historic tug (converted to a liveaboard) that sank at Fisherman's Wharf. It was raised and then sank again where it is now.

Oh no! What direction did you go? There's a bit of a map at the bottom of the page:index

Thank you! I'd scoured your website and vimeo videos in prep for the dive. I think we cut across from the helijet pad towards the pier at too shallow an angle. We found the fuel tank, and the ridge at 25'. Followed the ridge for a bit, but obviously not far enough, before cutting across the sand flats to the 45' trench. After the dive I looked at your map again (and have now glued it in my resource book), and am sure I could find the wreck now. The wall along the pier is really interesting ... lots of little critters hiding in the rocks, and a couple of nudis the size of softballs.

Definitely worth another look. Probably with camera (still or video) in hand.

Cheers,
C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom