Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems to be the theme in the Inlet lately. 30-40 feet at Henderson Pt. this afternoon. I drove all the way from Esquimalt to Gordon Head and couldn't find anywhere to get in the water because of the swell. The waves were going over the breakwater, cars were getting wet at Clover Point and I felt a wave hit my car door driving by Ross Bay. A commercial fishing boat had blown ashore in Oak Bay and was being beaten up on the beach. At Henderson, it was still windy, but there was only a 6-inch swell. -Got to love Saanich Inlet. I visited the cloud sponge, saw a couple of octopus and even a feather star (probably the only one in the Victoria area).

Seems to be the theme in the Inlet lately. 30-40 feet at Henderson Pt. this afternoon. I drove all the way from Esquimalt to Gordon Head and couldn't find anywhere to get in the water because of the swell. The waves were going over the breakwater, cars were getting wet at Clover Point and I felt a wave hit my car door driving by Ross Bay. A commercial fishing boat had blown ashore in Oak Bay and was being beaten up on the beach. At Henderson, it was still windy, but there was only a 6-inch swell. -Got to love Saanich Inlet. I visited the cloud sponge, saw a couple of octopus and even a feather star (probably the only one in the Victoria area).

What, you passed up a virgin wreck dive for the inlet ?????

What, you passed up a virgin wreck dive for the inlet ?????

It's still there waiting. At high tide today it seemed like it was sitting around 6 feet deep. I don't know if you could consider that a dive. You could pretend it's a huge freighter, since the visibility would probably be measured in inches out there today. By the way, Henderson was around 30-40 feet again today.

I'm sure they'll salvage it pretty quick. They probably just have to pump it out and drag it a bit deeper. The bottom is shallow for a long way out here so I doubt this will end up as a diveable wreck. Oh well.
IMG_8199.jpg

Arbutus Is was pretty crappy today, maybe 10-15 feet. I think all the wind and stormy weather that is coming in is going to muck it up for tomorrow too.

20+ feet @ Wain Rock, 12-15 feet @ Shute Rock, and a side note...I am never diving in a wet suit again in JANUARY!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom