Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjfox:
Even down deep? It usually clears after 30'.

Yes Charles, 20ft right down to the bottom of the wall. As you know that can change daily, that the hard part about predicting the viz in the Saanich Inlet. One day you get 20ft the next you 75ft. If you dive the Inlet this week-end let me know how it is. I'm planning a dive Monday, if the viz is good enough.

Al

Visibility at Tanner Rock today was around 3 feet near the surface. From 10-25 feet, visibility was about 1-2 feet (nice and brown). Below 25-30 feet, vis was around 10 feet. I don't know if Spring has hit the Inlet or if it's just a localized Mill Bay-area kick in the head.

swankenstein:
Visibility at Tanner Rock today was around 3 feet near the surface. From 10-25 feet, visibility was about 1-2 feet (nice and brown). Below 25-30 feet, vis was around 10 feet. I don't know if Spring has hit the Inlet or if it's just a localized Mill Bay-area kick in the head.

I did a dive at Henderson PT on Monday and the viz was pretty bad at the surface, it clear under 40ft to a range of 20ft at the best.

10 feet or so at Beaver Point on Saltspring. Great site though! Like Ten Mile Point, but with better rock formations.
Someones been harvesting scallops there, lots of fresh empty shells. I thought it was honoured as a local reserve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom