Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove at Oak Point early last evening. Visibility never cleared until about 80 - 90 feet, but by then it had become a night dive :eek: Tide was a high flood.

Divegoose

About 30 feet of visibility at Tyee this morning once we got below about 50 feet of depth.

Hope things start clearing up for the better soon...:confused:

Divegoose

Visibility was great up near Ladysmith today. The shallows were pretty murky, but below 10' deep, it cleared to about 40' of visibility. The dogfish sharks have arrived (I usually don't see them before July). I saw about 10 of them today, which is by far the most I've seen anywhere.

Dove Madrona last night. Sky was overcast. About 30 feet of visibility once we got below the 50 foot mark. Still soupy in the shallows.

Divegoose

Great vis at Madrona this morning. 20 feet in the shallows and a good 50 plus on the big wall. It was a great dive :thumb:

Divegoose

Today, visibility at the Ogden Point breakwater started out great (a bright 30' or so). About 1/3 of the way through the dive, I hear a loud boat engine and then suddenly a wall of sediment swept into me. The current came out of nowhere and was flowing straight into the breakwater. At first I thought a fishing boat was dragging a cannon ball across the bottom, but that wouldn't explain the current. It was almost like a cruise ship was coming in, but after the dive I didn't see any. The current soon stopped, but the stirred-up visibility (now only about 10') stayed for the entire dive along the breakwater at all depths.

Much better vis at Oak Point last night, compared to the previous dive a couple of weeks ago. Vis cleared up at about 40 feet, and vis was a good 40 feet making for an enjoyable dive.

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom