Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove at Tyee today up here in Nanaimo and the vis was maybe 15-20 feet above 100, started to get better, then at about 150 it was about 30 feet give or take. Overall a decent dive though.

I did a dive at the end of Salmon Rd. in Saanich Inlet this afternoon. It's a bit North of Henderson Pt. so the following visibility report might be relevant there too. Visibility was 20' in the shallows with lots of stringy, goopy plankton. It steadily cleared. At 50-60' deep, visibility was maybe 30-40'. Below 100' deep, visibility was at least 50'.

I did a dive at the end of Salmon Rd. in Saanich Inlet this afternoon. It's a bit North of Henderson Pt. so the following visibility report might be relevant there too. Visibility was 20' in the shallows with lots of stringy, goopy plankton. It steadily cleared. At 50-60' deep, visibility was maybe 30-40'. Below 100' deep, visibility was at least 50'.

About the same at Willis today....snotty up top but clearing down deeper.

Dove Tyee and swam to Dolphin here yesterday around 2pm, vis was fairly decent probably 20-30 feet above 60, and about 30'ish from 60 down to 150. Nice to see the visibility improving again with the cooler temperatures arriving. W

Dove at Tyee this afternoon and the visibility was pea soup for the first 20 feet as in maybe two feet of visibility. From 20-70 it was maybe 5-10 feet, after that it cleared up and got progressively better until 200. At about 200 I'd say it was about 40 feet give or take.

Regards

Steve

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

Dove the Cape Breton tonight with NDO to replace the mooring line in the bow of the ship. Vis was not the greatest in the upper 20-30 feet, however, below this it cleared up to about 40-50 feet, was fairly clear on the bow.

It should start getting better with the changing of the weather, can't wait!!

Regards

Steve

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

Not sure why it added my post to my other post? Meh good o tapatalk

Regards

Steve

Dove madronna point this afternoon. Vis was 10-15 in shallows and about 20-30 around 60-70 feet.

Not great but definitely a huge improvement over the other Thursday's dive and the pea soup conditions.

Regards

Steve

Took a rip out at Finn beach here in Nanaimo this morning testing some new gear. Visibility is incredible. I'd say 50 feet easily. Should be a good weekend for diving here on Vancouver Island!!

Regards

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom