Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility was about 20 to 30 feet at Tyee Cove last night.

Had to get below 50 for anything good, but it got a bit better the deeper we went.

Divegoose

Madronna yesterday morning (1000) was about 30 feet in the ebb at 90 feet, shallows was a lot worse. A lot of chunks floating around in the water

Tyee yesterday afternoon (1300) was maybe 20 at best on the flood in the shallows, At 150 it was about 30. Glad to hear it cleared up a bit later in the day at Tyee.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Took an Open Water class to Henderson this morning (July 19/15) for 1st ocean dive.....big mistake. 1-3' vis in the top 40'. Didn't go any deeper. Didn't bother trying to conduct Dive #2.

Took an Open Water class to Henderson this morning (July 19/15) for 1st ocean dive.....big mistake. 1-3' vis in the top 40'. Didn't go any deeper. Didn't bother trying to conduct Dive #2.
Visibility was pretty devastating up at the entrance to Chemainus harbour today as well. It was a decent 10' at the surface, but below 10' deep, visibility was "can barely see my knees" 3' or so. It gradually cleared to 8-10' below 60' deep, but it was dark of course.

July 25 - Henderson Point - Vis has cleared up quite a bit. Open water class had 15-20' vis all day today. Not stellar, but infinitely better than we had last week and better than I was expecting.

July 26 - After looking at Spring Bay and deciding the water was far too inky-green to even bother with we went to Ogden Point Breakwater where vis wasn't great 5-10' but manageable. Opted not to do a second dive when the thunder / lightning storm rolled in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom