Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Madrona Point had 40 to 50 feet of visibility today once we got down on the big wall. Much better than I expected.

Divegoose

Outstanding visibility at Henderson Point this morning. I'd say 40-50' visibility from the surface to down past 120' deep. Of course you have to get there early. At Henderson Point the visibility exponentially decreases based on how many divers got into the water before you.

Dove at Tyee Cove this morning.

10 - 15 feet of visibility in the shallows, mainly due to sunlight penetration.

5 feet of visibility at best at depth (90 feet). :shocked2:

Thought the visibility would get better the deeper we went, but that was not the case.

Turned the dive early and called it a day :depressed:

On a more positive note, only 11 more months until I am back in Cozumel :)

Divegoose

About 50 feet of visibilty at Madrona Wall this morning. A whole lot better than the 5 feet we had at Tyee last week.

We saw one big octopus, and one small octopus, and 3 young adult wolf eel's.

Thousands of urchins populating the area, perhaps as a result of the die off of sea stars.

Divegoose

Visibility was surprisingly good for the time of year up past Nanaimo in the Nanoose area today. At Dolphin beach it was 30 feet or so in the shallows. There was a band of more-murky water between 40-60' deep, where visibility was a still-decent 20'. Below 60-70' deep visibility was around 40 feet. It was similar at Tyee/Blueback later in the day, but maybe a bit less overall from all the divers in the water.

Great vis on the Gulfstream and Capilano yesterday

Visibility wasn't quite as good up in the Nanoose area as it was last weekend, but it was still pretty good for the time of year. I went to Moorecroft Park and the visibility was 20' in the shallows. There was a thermocline 20' deep and below that visibility was 30-40'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom