Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Approximately 50 foot vis at Madrona Point his morning. :D Vis got better with depth/

Lots of sea lions around, and we heard that there may be some orcas in Beachcomber Bay. :cool2:

One big octopus, a small mature wolf eel who came out for a swim, a pair of wolf eels on eggs
on the big wall, lots of ling cod (didn't find any egg masses), and thousands or small urchins.

Divegoose

A good 50 feet of visibility at Tyee this morning - even after all the rain we have experienced over the last few days. Visibility was even better when the sun came out. Saw the resident pair of wolf eels, and found a puget sound king crab on the 2nd wall. Conspicuous by their absence was ling cod. Usually see a number of them at this site. We were watching for ling cod egg masses, but never found any.

Divegoose

Approximately 50 feet of visibility at Tyee yesterday morning. For those who know the site, the wolf eels to the right are on eggs. Please do not harass them. We went to the left, looking for the deep den - approx 105 feet, but couldn't find it. Saw one big ling cod, but no egg masses.

Divegoose

Visibility was a good 50 feet plus at Tyee this morning, after you got below about 40 feet. Upper levels visibility was probably 10 - 15 feet. We were going to dive at Madrona, but it looked like the herring run / fishery had been in the area and stirred things up. So much for good visibility for the next few weeks. Good thing I am off to Cozumel soon. :D

Divegoose

Some of the worst visibility I've ever seen up in the Nanoose area today. I did a dive at Moorecroft Park. Visibility in the shallow bay wasn't too bad (6-8'), but outside the bay, the water was a yellow-brown muck. I couldn't see my outstretched hand, so I'd say it was about 2'. I kept swimming into the bottom since I couldn't see it. This continued down to about 30' deep, where it started to clear up. At this depth it was black like a night dive. I went down to about 100', where the visibility was pretty decent. I'd say it was about 40', but I could only see what was in the beam of my old Pelican Submersible flashlight. When I looked straight up, I could see a faint, brown glow from the surface.

Back
Top Bottom