Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive the cape/sask yesterday and today. The visibility is spectacular. From deco stop at 20 feet I could just make out the bow on the cape.

Amazing visibility right now. Heading up island tomorrow and am expecting a lot better visibility.

Regards

Steve

Dove out of Courteney today and hit up the scepter squamish. Weather was fantastic, minimal current, zero winds, and overcast. We were able to see the wreck from 100-ish and the wrecks down at 180. easily 70/80 feet of vis.

Did a sort of wall/undulating terrain dive on some unknown dive site near Powell river afterwards, for a shallower dive, vis was slightly less at 50-60 feet.

Heading back tomorrow to do the wreck again and possibly another, should the weather hold.

Regards

Steve

Dove at neck point again today and was practicing some skills/etc. visibility is not nearly as good as
It was last week. Apparently 3 days of sun and the algae comes back.

Still not to bad though about 30 feet

Regards

Steve

Slowly turning this into a Nanaimo/Victoria Vis conditions report.

Dove the Jib yesterday, Vis was maybe 20 feet, however dove Tyee today and the vis was around 30-40 feet if I stayed away from the OW class at the mouth of the chute.

On a side note the missing Sea Horse at Tyee, which we all loved, has been replaced with a used sorb keg I had lying around. It is located at roughly the same depth it was before 65 feet to the right of the chute if heading down the slope out to sea. Its tied into the three cinder blocks, which I placed around 70 feet in depth (they were a bit spread out and took me a bit to find them all). I may replace this with some galvanized chain and a small shackle to provide a better attachment point for the rope to prevent wear so it lasts longer, but it should do nicely for now. Also its semi- transparent/opague, so for any of you night divers out there stick a Glow stick inside of it at night and it should be a nice underwater becon/lantern. This should also hold the air unlike the seahorse which was constantly having to be refilled to stay a float, this has a bare minimal of air in it and should work nicely for many years to come and not lift the cinder blocks up and get shifted around.

Regards

Steve

Was out diving Finn Beech/Neck POint the other night. Vis was fairly decent probably 20-30 feet, diving Madronna tomorrow night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom