Vets Park,6:30am on Sunday,7-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would if i could but im busy

That's not being a jerk, thats being a good buddy :)

Someone PLEASE bring a camera
04.gif

Yeah, I second that, bring a camera!

Hey Sideways, thanks for replying. I like to meet and encourage new divers, but I do have a few concerns about doing a dive with you on Sunday.You say that you are picking up your gear on Thursday,how familiar/comfortable do you think you'll be in new gear and your first beach dive? Are you comfortable diving to depths up to 90'? We sometimes go to these depths. If you want to pm me, I'd be willing to set up a dive with you on another day when there won't be so many other divers meeting up with me like there will be this Sunday.I hope I'm not coming across like a dick.

Thanks for the reply BL! I understand your reservations. As far as the depth, on my 5th and 6th dives, they were between 80-100' I was completely comfortable with that. As far as new gear?? Well..the stuff I did my cert dives in was "New" gear to me :). As far as my first beach dive, I have to do my first beach entry at some point. I grew up surfing in Huntington, and have been in the water all my life. That being said....throwing on gear for entry I'm sure is deffinatly different.

All this being said, I absolutely understand and respect any reservation you have, and defer to your judgment :)

Greg

Thanks for the reply BL! I understand your reservations. As far as the depth, on my 5th and 6th dives, they were between 80-100' I was completely comfortable with that. As far as new gear?? Well..the stuff I did my cert dives in was "New" gear to me :). As far as my first beach dive, I have to do my first beach entry at some point. I grew up surfing in Huntington, and have been in the water all my life. That being said....throwing on gear for entry I'm sure is deffinatly different.

All this being said, I absolutely understand and respect any reservation you have, and defer to your judgment :)

Greg

Hey Greg, thanks for understanding.I did mean what I said about doing a dive with you on a different day.Shoot me a pm if you want to give it a try. Jamie

Texas?! You what they say about Texas, only steers and,uh,beers come from Texas! Come on and join us Bryan.

Haha, well steers and boring lake diving come from Texas. I'll be there early in the morning. I have to be out of there by around 9:30, so I was hoping to get at least 2 dives in.

i'd be up for it though i think i might not like the waves again

Someone PLEASE bring a camera
04.gif

OK now I'm thinking of showing up just to take pictures and going back to bed :popcorn:

Greg

Hey Greg, thanks for understanding.I did mean what I said about doing a dive with you on a different day.Shoot me a pm if you want to give it a try. Jamie

Greg & Jamie - I'm just a sideline observer, but may I recommend for Greg to wait until our Dive Picnic at Veterans Park on July 26th?

FYI Greg, I dive with Jamie quite a bit and I think he is an excelent buddy. Having said that, our picnic may still be a better time for you to start beach diving.

---------------------------------

Miss diving with you guys by the way. Hope you have wonderful dives.

OK now I'm thinking of showing up just to take pictures and going back to bed :popcorn:

Greg & Jamie - I'm just a sideline observer, but may I recommend for Greg to wait until our Dive Picnic at Veterans Park on July 26th?

FYI Greg, I dive with Jamie quite a bit and I think he is an excelent buddy. Having said that, our picnic may still be a better time for you to start beach diving.

Thanks for the input Ren. Hopefully I'll make the picinic :) As far as my first beach dive, it's looking like it will be with guys from work on Monday or Tuesday morn :D

Cheers,

Greg

Hey Ren,the picnic is a good idea.Thanks for your nice comment,too. I also consider you an excellent buddy.

Back
Top Bottom