Vets Park,6:30am on Sunday,7-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input Ren. Hopefully I'll make the picinic :) As far as my first beach dive, it's looking like it will be with guys from work on Monday or Tuesday morn :D

Cheers,

Greg

I was newly certified as well and my first beach dive was this past Saturday in Laguna Beach. You really learn a lot by watching people enter and exit the water. Timing is very important. Pay attention to the frequency of the waves coming or else you and your gear will be eating lots of sand. :) I'll still eat sand but hopefully less with more practice. I'm only 10 minutes or so away from Vets so I'm looking forward to diving with some of the people here.

Gerry

I was newly certified as well and my first beach dive was this past Saturday in Laguna Beach. You really learn a lot by watching people enter and exit the water. Timing is very important. Pay attention to the frequency of the waves coming or else you and your gear will be eating lots of sand. :) I'll still eat sand but hopefully less with more practice. I'm only 10 minutes or so away from Vets so I'm looking forward to diving with some of the people here.

Gerry

Hey Gerry, are you coming to the July 26th dive in at Veterans Park? It will be a great opportunity to meet several other divers.Maybe I'll see you there.

It's a dive during the daytime right? Sure I'll come. It would be great to familiarize myself a couple of times at Vets during the daytime so later on I can see what everyone is raving about at night.

Gerry

It's a dive during the daytime right? Sure I'll come. It would be great to familiarize myself a couple of times at Vets during the daytime so later on I can see what everyone is raving about at night.

Gerry

It's scheduled as an all day type of event.There is going to be food,guest speakers,etc. We will also be doing some daytime diving,too. If it runs into the evening,and the conditions are good,then I will definitely get in a night dive,too.

You really learn a lot by watching people enter and exit the water. Timing is very important. Pay attention to the frequency of the waves coming or else you and your gear will be eating lots of sand. :)
Gerry

Thats why we bring Aly along. It helps to have a demonstration of what it looks like when all goes to &*%$
:rofl3:

Thats why we bring Aly along. It helps to have a demonstration of what it looks like when all goes to &*%$
:rofl3:

Ain't that the truth,brother!! Haaaaa!Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That is true :D but we got good experience that night :D

That is true :D but we got good experience that night :D

Yes, I learned why it is a bad idea to wear too much weight, carry too big of a tank and to be careful climbing up to the bike path. I did also learn to shove the regulator in the mouth of someone that is getting pounded by waves on the shore. Ofcouse learned how not to start a beach dive with larger then average waves. Most importantly though, I learned that there is no big difference between the dive setting and pre-dive setting on the regulator.
Thanks Aly, you are one of the best teachers out there.

Have you been teaching any new lessons lately?

Yes, I learned why it is a bad idea to wear too much weight, carry too big of a tank and to be careful climbing up to the bike path. I did also learn to shove the regulator in the mouth of someone that is getting pounded by waves on the shore. Ofcouse learned how not to start a beach dive with larger then average waves. Most importantly though, I learned that there is no big difference between the dive setting and pre-dive setting on the regulator.
Thanks Aly, you are one of the best teachers out there.

Have you been teaching any new lessons lately?

Ren,you are one funny mofo! What do bike paths and scuba diving have in common? They both kicked Ali's ass!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom