Very Nice Conditions Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hermosa%20Reef%2035_zps9ukbowhw.jpg

After the terrible visibility of last week I was expecting brown water today. Instead I could see my anchor nearly fifty feet below me at the Hermosa Beach Artificial Reef.

Hermosa%20Reef%201_zpssbtbjgyr.jpg

As I reached the bottom the large Broomtail Grouper rushed past, allowing just enough time for a fly-by shot. The Giant Sea Bass were more cooperative. The school of mackerel that were so prevalent this Fall have moved on. There were lots of smaller reef fish today, more than I remembered from previous dives. With all these fish and short lobsters the GSBs won't be going hungry any time soon.

Hermosa%20Reef%208_zpsh5gbccgs.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2018_zpsksjgbtro.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2020_zpsr1ituesc.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2022_zpsusuztdlx.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2023_zpsz7sau5jl.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2037_zpsdkhqarhl.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2042_zps62olrxov.jpg

Halfmoon ascending for a safety stop?

Hermosa%20Reef%2016_zps61v36rrq.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2013_zpssmq85ft4.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2012_zpsbdap5vtl.jpg

These calico bass were very interested in this bryozoan.

I've tried for years to get a decent shot of an Ocean Whitefish. A school of them teased me today.
Hermosa%20Reef%2014_zpspcsf98tk.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2015_zpsqlzgcvtp.jpg

Hermosa%20Reef%2039_zpsh6dcvhfk.jpg

The Marissa Dive boat reported being able to see the entire Yukon bow to stern from their mooring line today. Lots of great conditions being reported lately.

By far the best conditions in Malibu in a long time this past weekend. Saturday was good, and from what friends said, Sunday was epic!

I had 61 on Saturday. Conditions remain splendid, so I played hooky with some buddies yesterday morning, hit a spot about a mile away from Saturday's shore dive, and had 64 degrees. Signs of kelp in both spots, but nothing like what we had earlier in the year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom