Very disappointed with my DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Sealife Joe
I have not had a favourable outcome from the importer regarding my DC800.
I did send you a PM 4 days ago and I am hoping you get a chance to respond.

Thanks
Jen

I was using the replacement successfully for about 3 months when on a second dive of the day (without being opened) the housing flooded and totally ruined the camera inside.

AussieLass - I completely understand your frustration, there is nothing worse than flooding a camera. Unfortunately, this eventually happens to everyone (it's a matter of when, not if), and is 99.99% of the time it is user error, and the manufacturer cannot be blamed.

It just comes with the territory of underwater photography. I always tell people to get flood insurance.

That said, there are rare exceptions, some of the earlier Olympus dslr housings had a known defect that led them to flood easily.

AussieLass - I completely understand your frustration, there is nothing worse than flooding a camera. Unfortunately, this eventually happens to everyone (it's a matter of when, not if), and is 99.99% of the time it is user error, and the manufacturer cannot be blamed.

It just comes with the territory of underwater photography. I always tell people to get flood insurance.

That said, there are rare exceptions, some of the earlier Olympus dslr housings had a known defect that led them to flood easily.

scottfiji
I totally understand where you are coming from but they have agreed there was a fault with the closing latch and that they would replace the housing. But it doesn't make sense to me to say there is a fault with the housing but it was your fault the camera flooded and we will not replace the camera.

I am at a loss to explain it. All I know is I feel as though I have had bad service with a faulty product.

I don't know what happened with the camera or with Joe? He gets emails about threads in his manufacture's forum I think but not this owners' forum. I also don't know if he replied to your PM, but I sent him one just now asking he look in here again. If I don't get a reply in a couple of days, I can phone to see if he is on vacation or something - but remind me here.

No need Don, I was up at Beneath the Sea in Secaucus and then in meetings the rest of the week. I have replied to Aussie lass on a PM and will do everything possible to help her out.

Thanks
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom