Very Best Time of Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As we all know, Cozumel is an Addiction, once you go most of us are looking for a Fix….our next trip.

From what I have read and heard and now have seen the very best time to be in Cozumel and Dive seems to be April and May.

The weather is good not too hot or humid, it is not too busy---except maybe Spring Break, The mosquitoes are not bad, hurricane season has not started and the diving is great.

Do you agree?

I know to be in Cozumel is good --- But what is the very best time of the Year to Dive in Cozumel and Why?

AZ Divers

I've been to Cozumel in February, April, May, July and November, so far I think November has been the best so far. Warm water nice evenings and not too humid in the daytime, and not so many tourists.

Whenever I find myself on Cozumel, THAT is the very best time to be there.

But seriously, folk, I usually go to Cozumel in May because some of my group are fanatics about fishing, and May is the peak of the marlin and dorado seasons.

I hope I never have to make this choice of just being here some time during the year instead of all the time, but if I did....I'd pick October/early November.
Water temp is 84
Winds are dead calm & seas are flat ...currents generally mild
[unless weather is passing thru of course but I'll take my chances since this is the tail end of hurrican season]
School has started back so vacations are over until Thanksgiving so less people are traveling ~ things slow down tremendously
Usually low season prices are in effect

our annisversary too. Oct. 4th to be exact, so we spend a week to ten days there each October!

cozumelinsider:
I hope I never have to make this choice of just being here some time during the year instead of all the time, but if I did....I'd pick October/early November.
Water temp is 84
Winds are dead calm & seas are flat ...currents generally mild
[unless weather is passing thru of course but I'll take my chances since this is the tail end of hurrican season]
School has started back so vacations are over until Thanksgiving so less people are traveling ~ things slow down tremendously
Usually low season prices are in effect

tony

ps, and this year we have to take a break July 4th for a mid summer break from work (for me) :wink: , so Cozumel it is!

Back
Top Bottom