Vero Beach Area Beach Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
Wife has the metal detector bug & wants to do some hunting on the beaches there.

I'd like to get a couple of tanks in to hunt bugs if possible, but at least to see something other than sand, which requires a site that lets us do both.

Never been there. Any suggestions?

Wife has the metal detector bug & wants to do some hunting on the beaches there.

I'd like to get a couple of tanks in to hunt bugs if possible, but at least to see something other than sand, which requires a site that lets us do both.

Never been there. Any suggestions?

hit me up with a PM if you will be in the Vero area. some good possibilities here

Here is the Treasure Coast Shore Diving Pamphlet put together by Deep Six.

Vis is crap right now. Summer time is best for sure... I did a dive near the Brekenshire (sp?) Wreck off the Driftwood Inn/ Mulligans area in Vero a few summers ago- If your looking at the shore dive guide, its number 13. The wreck actually sticks out of the water at low tide, making it a snap to navigate to. Didn't get any video of the wreck, but got plenty from the surrounding reef area. The 15' vis that day was considered exceptional for vero... Check out the video on old school Google Video

Driftwood_Beach_Dive.wmv

Here are some screenshots- the first one shows the other meaning of Buoyancy Control Device

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 30
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/