Verizon finally brings back discount Mexico roaming packages...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have an iPhone 6 from Verizon's Mexico 100 minutes plan which is good for calls to or from Mexico. I think pay about $10 per month.
That sounds like my $15/month plan.

Maybe we get a discount because both my wife and I have it on two phones. Having young kids in School in Texas, while frequently managing some of Aldora's business by phone and Skype when there. We have found the Verizon plan tone great for us.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

2. My dumb self forgot to call and cancel the plan after we both got home (insert giant eyeroll here) so we got charged for an extra month. However when I finally remembered to call Verizon I explained what happened and they actually took most of the extra charges back off the bill, which I didn't expect since it was my mistake.
I started to go for the $30/month plan, in fact that's what I called in a few days ago - backdated to the first of my billing cycle. Twice as much money as the smaller plan, altho we're not talking about all that much money either way here - so for the extra $15 I'd get 150% more minutes, texts, and MBs than I would for the first $15.

Then I got to thinking that I generally don't use many minutes or texts, sometimes less than 100/month of each really - so today called in and have them change it back to the $15/month plan, backdated to the first of the billing cycle. I might talk & text more that week that usual, but not 4 times as much. Overages are only 10c/minute & 10c/text, and I just don't use much data even when counted in photo sending like it is while in Mexico.

Now I have to remember to clear my minute counters, texts, and data counter on the plane in so I can actually have my own record of how much I did use - which could change if something comes up. Then I can call them when I return and change back to the $30/month plan, backdated to the first of the billing cycle if need - and cancel at the end of the cycle. :eyebrow: I can just look online to see what I've used when stateside, but Mexico usage can come in late.

This can be trickier when I am traveling over the billing cycle change date, but that's possible to mange still. :wink:

My brother literally just went to the Verizon store yesterday because he's coming today. They told him not only that there was no roaming plan but also that my nephew's (Verizon CDMA) iPhone wouldn't even be able to roam here. Idjits.

My brother literally just went to the Verizon store yesterday because he's coming today. They told him not only that there was no roaming plan but also that my nephew's (Verizon CDMA) iPhone wouldn't even be able to roam here. Idjits.
I hope he called the company and got that corrected.

Many Verizon stores are not company owned and some agents are too lazy to call in questions or look online. But then the last time I went to a company store for help, I was impressed at how well they dressed - but how lacking they were in knowledge. When I worked in cellphones for a company that Verizon eventually took over, we had to know a lot about the devices, etc. They wouldn't tell us where the area towers were "for security reason," so I drove around the counties looking for towers with our signs on the gates. Now, it seems to be "Here's your phone. Open the box, charge it up, turn it on, and dial *228 to activate." The simplified approach has merit until you need to change something.

If your a Verizon customer they also have the More everything plan. It is $15 a month and it gives you a 1000 mins for calling to Canada or Mexico. Not texting though. Texting is 5cents each inc and 50 cents each out going.

while frequently managing some of Aldora's business by phone and Skype when there. Dave Dillehay

Dave, you should get a Telmex land line/wifi plan for your business location. Telmex now gives you a land line, wifi, free modem and installation, unlimited world-wide long distance calls (excluding Cuba) from your land line, 200 minutes for your cell phone per month, unlimited long distance Mexican calls from your land line, and 100 local calls (calls, not minutes) from your land line per month all for $389 pesos per month, and it is a tax deductible expense for your business.

This entire thread (and all previous discussions) have been obliterated by Google Fi. I was lucky enough to get in early on the program and it's incredible. No worrying about international BS. Monthly cell bill of $20.

Right now, you need a Nexus 6 but that will change soon. The financial advantages are incredible. I've been designing cell technology since 1992 and this is the most disruptive concept I know. The ramifications will be huge. No more tricks and changing SIM cards; keep your own number and no need for Skype or Whatsapp phonearounds. (I'm still waiting for FB to recoup some of the >$20B in WA-not looking good now, eh?).

This entire thread (and all previous discussions) have been obliterated by Google Fi. I was lucky enough to get in early on the program and it's incredible. No worrying about international BS. Monthly cell bill of $20.

Right now, you need a Nexus 6 but that will change soon. The financial advantages are incredible. I've been designing cell technology since 1992 and this is the most disruptive concept I know. The ramifications will be huge. No more tricks and changing SIM cards; keep your own number and no need for Skype or Whatsapp phonearounds. (I'm still waiting for FB to recoup some of the >$20B in WA-not looking good now, eh?).
Ugh! https://fi.google.com/about/ It's good that I don't care for smart phone service as I live in 2G area.
Project Fi has partnered with Sprint and T-Mobile, two of the leading carriers in the US, to launch our service. You can view our US coverage at fi.google.com/coverage.

Ugh! https://fi.google.com/about/ It's good that I don't care for smart phone service as I live in 2G area.

I trust that you have WIFI? It's all that you need. Also provides you with access to more than a million free hotspots. Does not require 4G - can use any cellular network connection.

My total cell phone bill is $30 per month including data. And they refund what I don't use. When I travel internationally (including Mexico), it's free. Voice and TXT. No silly SIM card or Skype needed).

How much is your monthly bill on VZW? Forget the ministrations that that you have to perform to be able to dial out without selling the family jewels in a foreign country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom