Verifying dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It appears that SSI AOW is 4 specialties and 24 dives. Do those 24 dives need to be "verified" in order to get AOW? Some operators want to see AOW for certain dives. Do operators realize the training difference and readily accept Advanced Adventurer?

The verification process seems overly burdensome, and several other things

Centrals, I don’t think you or OP get a point. SSI verifies award recognition. You can get certified by SSI but keep track of dives whichever way your choose. Your dives “count” for whichever purpose you choose, regardless wether they verified or not by a SSI shop or SSI professional. The only time it matters is if you want their recognitio…
SSI can only verify the dives completed in their affiliated operators not others.
Any entry to the respective App has to be recognized by SSI first.
Kick that App to touch and forget all about it.

Surely you only log your first 99 dives to ensure that you follow the age old tradition of completing your 100th dive naked

Or is this just a myth from the deep?

SSI can only verify the dives completed in their affiliated operators not others.
Any entry to the respective App has to be recognized by SSI first.
Kick that App to touch and forget all about it.
You are wrong on both accounts.

Surely you only log your first 99 dives to ensure that you follow the age old tradition of completing your 100th dive naked

Or is this just a myth from the deep?
It is a real thing. Your 100th dive can not be verified unless you go naked.

It appears that SSI AOW is 4 specialties and 24 dives. Do those 24 dives need to be "verified" in order to get AOW? Some operators want to see AOW for certain dives. Do operators realize the training difference and readily accept Advanced Adventurer?
Only 24TH dive needs to be verified.

The verification process seems overly burdensome, and several other things
It’s really not that hard. They don’t need to verify every single dive for them to be counted. I have EAN, Deep, Night/Limited, and Nav through SSI. The instructors simply asked me how many dives I’d done at the start. I did EAN earlier, but did the other three at the same time. I looked up my current number in Subsurface before the class, then the instructor added in each dive I did as verified. Now according to SSI I have 191 verified dives.

Below is what I see in the app. Only 12 or so dives could arguably be considered verified. I have plenty of dives done to fill in that Level 6 thing, but haven’t taken another course, or used an SSI charter or DM, since 191.

FB799F16-8002-4412-B8D7-AA4AF272C93C.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom