VEO 200 Nitrox default problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's Riley (RConnelly) your out of U/W sports -Terry shop? I going to cut you some slack since you are the new guy there. The programming on the computer is acting like the 50% is partially on instead of changing the mix it keep the percentage but changes the nitrogen to 79%. One of the other things we need to know is what it does to the O2 clock.

@ Awap see you got a different answer somebody gave RConnelly some bad info and sent him out to us sharks.

I think it's Riley (RConnelly) your out of U/W sports -Terry shop? I going to cut you some slack since you are the new guy there. The programming on the computer is acting like the 50% is partially on instead of changing the mix it keep the percentage but changes the nitrogen to 79%. One of the other things we need to know is what it does to the O2 clock.

@ Awap see you got a different answer somebody gave RConnelly some bad info and sent him out to us sharks.

I just talked to Roy Connelly and I will try to get one of my local shop to download my VEO200 and send him the data to review. I may hit the Flower Gardens again next week so I will also see if I can find another VEOxxx and see if I can reproduce the problem. Maybe it is something squirrely just in my computer....

Yes I am originally from U/W Sports and my name is Royce not Riley and I know the Keffler family very well, you might have me confused withsomeone else. As far as giving wrong information I don’t see how this is true because this information was pulled directly from the manual so I don’t know how it could be wrong information. As I stated at the bottom of my original post “if the computer is doing something different than is defined in the manual I would recommend to send the computer back to the factory for review/service”

1(800) 435-3483

Hi Royce I did confuse you with someone else just space you name for a day. Awap was given this information from you office " I called Oceanic and got a very helpful tech whoexpalined the problem. The explanation was that with default set to"OFF" the computer does not default to 50% oxygen but still defaultsto 79% nitrogen for the subsequent dive so the PPO2 has to be set after each dive. Ican live with that."

is this correct or incorrect information that he received?
If that information is correct then their is a programming bug and changing the computer will not work it wiil require a firmware update.
Have you guys tested what going on you should have both modeles in house.

Hi Royce I did confuse you with someone else just space you name for a day. Awap was given this information from you office " I called Oceanic and got a very helpful tech whoexpalined the problem. The explanation was that with default set to"OFF" the computer does not default to 50% oxygen but still defaultsto 79% nitrogen for the subsequent dive so the PPO2 has to be set after each dive. Ican live with that."

is this correct or incorrect information that he received?
If that information is correct then their is a programming bug and changing the computer will not work it wiil require a firmware update.
Have you guys tested what going on you should have both modeles in house.

What he actually said was "It defaults to 21% oxygen." which, since I new my dive logs all showed 32% PPO2, I interpreted to mean 79% nitrogen which would explain the behavior. That would also not contradict the maunual which says that, with default "OFF" the FO2 value is retained. The manual does not say what happens to the FN2 and I'm not sure anybody really knows. I know I expected it to be retained as 1 minus FO2. Surprise.

Reactions: D_B

Back
Top Bottom