Venus Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard about this boat last season. I believe they do full charters, which meshes with what pluckydks says about the uncle hooking up with a dive club. It also explains why their website is so uninformative.

I know there's another thread that mentioned this boat but seems mostly to cater for Thai's - not a bad thing btw, just different to what most people on this forum expect. I've come across some other websites but they're in Thai. I'm on a trip next month with this boat (my friend in BKK is organising it through a bunch of other dive geek friends she knows) so am curious to its exact itinery and how the operation runs. I've heard we'll be going around the Koh Tarutao area and presume that includes near Lipe as well.

Anyway, hope to post a few details about this and whilst it won't probably aim for the farang market, it would be interesting how the equivalent Thais like to do their trips. Given i've tried a variety of LOBs in Oz of varying quality, i'm sure this will be an interesting comparison although I've yet to try any LOB in Thailand.

Jdfmail - any more info as such given your brief sounds like it could be any LOB experience?

Thanks jdfmail. I'm doing a 15 dive trip also. Looking forward to it. It will be my first time diving outside of California.

Never been on this boat myself, but I daresay it wilkl be infinitely better than diving in Pattaya.
If you are a serious diver avoid Pattaya at all costs.

Back on topic, looking at my dive log I can give you a list of dive sites. But I think you can do whatever dives you want, they will take you there. For example, we really liked Hin Daeng, because there were 4 Mantas there, so we went back there for more dives. I don't have all the dive site names so I'll just list where we went.

I sat out a few dives too.

Day 1Bida Pinicle
1 Hoh Haa Yai
1 ?
2 Hin Muang
2 Hin Daeng
2 Hin Daeng
2 Ko Rok
3 8 Mile
3 Savang Island
3 ?
4 Hin Muang
4 Hin Daeng
4 Hin Daeng

So as I recall, the boat was comfortable, the food was good not great but plentiful, the rooms were 2 beds per not private bathrooms but I think there were 5 of them. Nice saloon. Crew were helpful and I'd recommend it as a great low price option.

Have a great time!

jdfmail - thanks for the info! Was going to ask if you recall what storage was like in the rooms as I may have to drag a darn med-sized suitcase given i'm not just on this boat for my holiday. Stupid question I know! I recall previous LOB's were done when I was backpacking in Oz so I was travelling lightish and there wasn't much storage on all the LOBs I did :)
Then again I did remember each of those had 4 people minimum to a room.

Back
Top Bottom