Venus Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pluckydks

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everybody. I'm going to Thailand next month and will be on the Venus Marina during February 25 to March 1. Anyone with experience with this liveaboard?

Thanks

I'm going to Thailand next month and will be on the Venus Marina during February 25 to March 1..

What surprised me a bit is that the boat is advertised by the owners on their website as "The Best Liveaboard".
Maybe it's because they provide besides diving both karaoke and full-moon parties on the boat? (Holiday, Coffee and Me! - Full Moon Party on Venus Marina!!)

Please make sure you post a trip report after your cruise and let us know what you think.

Well then hopefully it will be the best. For me it will be my first liveaboard experience so it will be the best and the worst at the same time. I personally could do without karaoke though :)

I have never heard of this boat until now.... so do let us know how it went. Also - given that I work here (as a liveaboard agent) and have not heard of it.. how did you hear about the boat???!

I called my uncle in Thailand telling him I want to go diving and he happened to know a group of people going during the time I will be there and set me up with them. The dive club that is going is www.koratdiveclub.com and one of them set it up.

They are diving around South Andaman. I have an itinerary but it is in Thai and it'll take me a while to figure it out haha. I can read Thai, just slowly.

What I have made out is Red and Purple Rock so I hope to see whale sharks and manta rays, though I won't expect it and set myself up for disappointment.

I've dove it before. It's a nice boat, nothing fancy. It's got a few LCDs and a DVD player in a comfortable lounge. Two to a room. Plenty of shared bathrooms. The boat is clean and comfortable. Food is ok at best, plenty of it. I did a 4 day 15 dive trip for around 17,000bt. Nicer than you would think for that price.

Thanks jdfmail. I'm doing a 15 dive trip also. Looking forward to it. It will be my first time diving outside of California.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom