Venture Heat Pro V3 arrived, impressive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lnjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My first heated vest purchase, I waited for this to be released and pulled the trigger. The package arrived nicely boxed with multiple boxes and included everything needed. I have put my glasses and a pocket knife next to the batteries to try and show scale. I wear XL and sometimes XXL shirts and the XL is snug, but not uncomfortable, with the extra panel any larger would not be necessary. Waiting for the water to clear up and then I'll be trying it in Southern California coastal waters. Here are some pics, took about 4 days to get from placing order. I like that there is a buckle on the wrist strap that would allow attachment to a d-ring, as well as multiple worldwide adapters for charging.

20221206_121356.jpg
20221206_121743.jpg
20221206_121814.jpg
20221206_121844.jpg
20221206_121915.jpg

I have a previous model, what are the things neat the connector on the battery? I have found the remote controller needs to be very close to the vest receiver when in the water, let us know how well yours works when you get the chance.

I'm slightly annoyed they changed the battery/connector design.

I dove the V3 version of this vest on Sunday at Redondo Beach, CA. Dive was about 55 minutes to a max depth of 70 ft. Temp. was a consistent 60F.
Vest did great job keeping me warm. Really nice having both front and back heating panels. Remote worked well and never missed a communication with the vest. It has 3 heating levels. After the dive, I rinsed it along with other equipment. Took about 24 hours to completely dry. I had it turned on the entire dive. For the last 30 minutes it was on full power (hey, why not be toasty). I was pleasantly surprised at how much battery charge was left. Used about 25% of battery. Batteries take a while to charge but should last a full day of diving.
At this point, if I had any suggested changes, it would be that I wish the storage bag was better designed with pockets to hold all of the ancillary stuff such as vest charger, remote charger, laundry bag, expansion panel, all of the international plugs and batteries.

I just got mine as well and I also have a Thermalution Yellow Plus. The VentureHeat is a much thicker vest that takes much longer to dry. The batteries are bigger of course and it has front and back heat. Connectors are more complicated and have double O rings to seal the connection. I keep the connection while in rinse tank and only when dry take it apart. Also there is a switch on the battery to turn the battery off. The side zipper is nice and makes it much easher to put on and off even with the batteries in place. I've only used it once under a wetsuit.

Also I took the arm strap off the controller and put the controller on a small retractor on my left D ring as I don't like so much stuff on my arms.

I just got mine as well and I also have a Thermalution Yellow Plus. The VentureHeat is a much thicker vest that takes much longer to dry. The batteries are bigger of course and it has front and back heat. Connectors are more complicated and have double O rings to seal the connection. I keep the connection while in rinse tank and only when dry take it apart. Also there is a switch on the battery to turn the battery off. The side zipper is nice and makes it much easher to put on and off even with the batteries in place. I've only used it once under a wetsuit.

Also I took the arm strap off the controller and put the controller on a small retractor on my left D ring as I don't like so much stuff on my arms.
To reduce the drying time, I'm thinking about letting it dry with the batteries in place and turning on the vest to level 1 or 2. That should enable it dry faster.

The problem with that is it will shorten the life of the batteries. Better to blow on the vest with a fa

Do you mean in terms of using up lifetime battery cycles?

First dive today in Laguna Beach, CA. I wore vest under a Bare Reactive 3mm and was pleasantly comfortable. I turned the vest on Medium when we donned gear and swam out on beach dive, before dropping down I went to high and left it there. I did not get cold, was not hot either, comfortable would best describe the condition. I have a DSS extra weighted Backplate and 32lb Oxycheq wing, Apollo Bio fins and an HP 80 tank. No extra weight was needed and dive lasted 56 minutes. Max depth 29 feet and temps ranged from 58-60F. I think I will keep this and look forward to more dives with it. I think I will still go thicker on deeper boat dives, but for shore diving this setup was fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom