Venture Heat Pro V3 arrived, impressive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand why the batteries have so much self discharge. Turned off and disconnected they have to be topped up after 10 days.
Lithium batteries have a 400-500 cycle lifetime before they start to show lower levels of output. Even then they will still perform, just not as long as when they were new. Getting new batteries every few years for moderately active dives isn't that bad.

These are new batteries
The batteries have a built in switch with some electronics involved. There is likely a parasitic drain through them while sitting charged and in a standby mode. Can't think of any other reason for both batteries to be draining other than a bad cell. Some of the emergency lights I repair are built with 6 D batteries. When 1 cell goes bad or drains the other 5.

Are you air integrated? If so, does it cause loss of connection with the transmitter and dive com?

Keep an eye on the battery cable, mine has started to develop some cracks. Fine for drysuits, a little concerning with a wetsuit.

Are you air integrated? If so, does it cause loss of connection with the transmitter and dive com?
Yes, and the I've not noticed any interference between the two. That may also depend on the computer transmitter brand as they use different frequencies. Mine is Scubapro.

Yes, and the I've not noticed any interference between the two. That may also depend on the computer transmitter brand as they use different frequencies. Mine is Scubapro.
I have the OG Japanese version of the Venture Heat and likewise notice no interference with my shearwaters and the AI transmitter.

I would like to know how it lasts over the years. I know its still early but any feedback on the longevity would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom