Venture Heat - Pro V2 Heated Dive Suit Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vsc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In April of this year I put a deposit on a Venture Heat vest where at this point it appears the best path is to obtain a refund from the dealer.

While I have tried to get an update on when these vests will ship from Venture Heat I'm coming up short. Does anyone have insight?

I have no current information, but inventory was similar last Spring-Fall 2021 (none anywhere). I was actively looking, but did not similarly place a deposit. They showed up at several area dive shops early to mid December 2021 and were in stock online around the same time. I purchased mine at that time and I’m not sure I’ve seen any in stock since maybe February.

Dive Right in Scuba website shows estimated restock on 11/30, and their website was similarly accurate last year. Looks like a December restock again to me!

I have no current information, but inventory was similar last Spring-Fall 2021 (none anywhere). I was actively looking, but did not similarly place a deposit. They showed up at several area dive shops early to mid December 2021 and were in stock online around the same time. I purchased mine at that time and I’m not sure I’ve seen any in stock since maybe February.

Dive Right in Scuba website shows estimated restock on 11/30, and their website was similarly accurate last year. Looks like a December restock again to me!
How do you like your Venture Heat V2? How many dives in it?

I like my Venture Heat V2. I have maybe 6 dives with it. I usually keep it on level 1. It was fine in 54 degrees with 7mm wetsuit. I turned it to level 2 at 54 degrees...Level one at 64

I love mine. I didn’t use it this summer in the water but probably still have 20 dives with it. One of the reasons I purchased it instead of something with a canister battery (Santi etc) was so I could use it on land as well. I’ve worn it a decent amount under my jacket when the weather is crappy outside and I’m stuck outside for an extended period.

I purchased mine alongside my gf and another female diver. They’ve both used theirs extensively and have quite a few more dives on their vests than me. I do know for both of them the batteries are somewhat uncomfortable on their small frame.

None of us have experienced issues with the vests or batteries. My remote stopped working after only a handful of dives. I contacted Venture Heat and they sent me a new one. Out of curiosity, I took apart the remote and it is effectively a solid piece of resin (?). Mine had a small piece of wire not fully encased and I’m guessing that was the problem.

In April of this year I put a deposit on a Venture Heat vest where at this point it appears the best path is to obtain a refund from the dealer.

While I have tried to get an update on when these vests will ship from Venture Heat I'm coming up short. Does anyone have insight?
They appear to be showing up at retailers now. Dive Right had them in stock yesterday. I assume they'll be showing up soon at other retailers. If you're an XL, they're available in Canada:

Indeed I picked up my vest last week where the vest that shipped is somewhat different than what is pictured on the Venture Heat website.

Notable is that MEC appears to be the OEM for the vest.

While I have zero experience with heated vests, the battery is much heavier than expected.

I wanted to buy a small for my wife for Christmas but I don't see them having stock by then?? They all say 01/31/2023

I was told $799 from one of our LDS that attended DEMA. They'll have it on stock soon.
What shop? I want to pick one up. One of my friends has the previous model and has really enjoyed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom