Venice Tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

austinperl

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So a couple dive buddies and I are planning on shore diving Venice tomorrow at Service Club. I've been meticulously stalking any and all weather threads from the venice/sarasota area including windfinder and the noaa buoy as well as webcams today. Everything was looking good, and all forecasts predicted light easterlies. Then out of nowhere there was a blast of 28mph sustained wind for 30 minutes in the afternoon from the north. :confused: If not for that, I'd be fine, but I'm an hour and a half south and when I checked out the beach after 5pm it was blown out. Still, Venice only had sustained high winds for 30-50 min, whereas we had 20+mph west/north winds for several hours. I'll probably be making the drive because my friends already rented gear, but if anyone has any information or opinions, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks!

P.S. I also wouldn't mind any tips for locations from anyone. I've read all the dive reports but I can always use any extra info :D

Yeah, I was doing some shore fishing this afternoon and expected some pretty calm waters with a light
wind out of the NE but they kicked up from the NW. Also a very strong outgoing tide made it a bit choppy
at the pass.

W e had a low pressure system pass across the state today which I'm sure was the cause. I was going to dive tomorrow but have decided to hold off til Friday in order to see what happens. We are supposed to continue with east winds but I'm concerned we may experience some surge from the low spinning in the gulf. If you go, go early & be sure to post a report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom