Venice this Sat 9-25-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awhh Fred.. Can't be my fault. I never planned on diving with you this weekend! LOL

Scuba_Jenny:
Well... at least you weren't talking about me:D
Just wondering how you folk are doing with Jeanne there on a rampage. Hope all are OK. Having multiple of these things in a month in unheard of in my lifetime. I sure hope this is the last for this season. --- How long will it take for the water to clear up LBS?

We caught the southern edge of jeanne and only got Tropical Storm strength winds. I've been watching SNN, which is out of Sarasota, and it looks like they got about the same (a little stronger winds than we got). A lot of local areas are flooded. I live on a canal in Punta Gorda Isles, and the water is in my backyard, but I've got another 3 or 4 feet until I have water in my house (high tide was at 2:00).

As far as the water, 3 days after Charlie, the water at Venice Beach was back to (almost) normal. We tried diving there yesterday morning (see above:)), which was two weeks after Ivan near-missed us. No telling when it'll be clear.

Colin, what was the name of the beach we went to after Poo Beach?

Is anyone thinking of doing Venice as a back up in case the REEF ID course dives are out?? What kind of timeframe might it be for the stuff in the water to wash away? IF there isnt anything in the water, it might be the only diveable spot in FL, just have to get wet some time soon!!! :wink:

simbrooks:
Is anyone thinking of doing Venice as a back up in case the REEF ID course dives are out?? What kind of timeframe might it be for the stuff in the water to wash away? IF there isnt anything in the water, it might be the only diveable spot in FL, just have to get wet some time soon!!! :wink:
I'm planning to hit VB if the ID class is canceled. I want to try the beach that Colin took us to.

That was Casperson beach.

There's another dive I've been wanting to try out in the area, it's off of Sandspur beach in Boca Grande (about 15 minutes south of Casperson). There's an artificial reef off the beach there in 15'. Colin and I dove it once, but vis was 3". No teeth there (that I know of), but I'd like to try it again.

Teeth likely and poo unlikely at Caspersons? Just in case Venice public beach is out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom