Venice suggestions? New Diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You bet Fossilbabe!

I am digging out of the haze, so to speak! I just shot you a PM!

Seriously now, I laugh and TELL everyone, how you went FIRST down the anchor line, and found that Wooly Mammoth tooth RIGHT there! Man, you are QUICK to hit the water! :)

The teeth are sweet!

I had a quick visit down to get some items I had left at my parents, and I got a few dives in plus helped a friend get certified. Then, BACK north. WORKING to get back to FL!

Thanks again FB!

Boats

- My kids just love those shark tooth necklaces!!!

Hi guys, my folks live in Venice so we pop down from Atlanta from time-to-time, though not as often as we would like :).

We have gone down with FL West, but they do tend to book up quick, have info from Capt Jamie/Aristakat and also from Gil Short, Å´hark Teeth dive 941-685-3977. You guys know him? Both of them came recommended from Mike at Pop's.

I have wanted to do the shore dive, but for some reason I'm nervous about it, just in general navigation and where to go to not waste time/air, but have picked up some good tips from the board. We're going to be down there July 5-7 for shark teeth and then hitting the Keys for a couple of days, FL West looks full though.

My question about using anyone other than FL West is concerning tanks/weights/buoys, I suppose we would still have to get them from FL West since we don't have those, right?

I would say contact Capt Jamie! Most of the time if your coming from out of town he can have the stuff ready for you. Just drop him a pm and let him know what your looking for!

Well You going to miss the first annual Meet and Greet down here. :eat:I'm having it at my home. I'm sure that is something you would have loved to attend. Its at 6 pm tonight and everyone will enjoy fossils and meet new divers and ones that they have not. I have never attend one so not sure what to expect. I have lots of fun gifts here for everyone. I will make sure everyone goes home with something. One of our local dive shop donated a few items as well. So its going to be a really fun night and maybe if some like a dip in the pool looking for shark teeth. (night diving) :rofl3: There are more fossil here than when you came down this way. Sea Ya

FB, I am just crying right now! CRYING I TELL YA! :depressed:

Hope you guys have a blast tonight! :mooner:

- Boats

Well, I got my first trip with Capt Jamie booked for Monday, 6/22, thanks to all of your recommendations. Right now it is just myself and a friend of mine, and I think he needs at least 3 to go. So, if anyone is looking to get out on Monday....give him a call! Thanks again to all the feedback!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom