Venice Shark Tooth Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChainSaw0069

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The 22nd and 23rd of Feb myself and a couple other divers will be diving with Florida West Scuba for Sharks Teeth. Will any Scuba Boarders be on the boat also?
We are also book with them on the 27th.
Will anyone be beach diving the afternoon of the 22nd. Weather permitting we hope to also do that.

ChainSaw- I'm about an hour south of Venice, and I have yet to dive the beach there. I'm interested in joining up on the 22nd- sounds like fun!

I didn't know there were boats that ran out there-- thought it was all shore diving. Have you hit that spot before?

There are 2 charter outfits out of Venice. Florida West Scuba and Aristakat. I have always dove with Florida West. Steve puts us on excellent spots to find teeth and fossils. There are spots avaiable on the boat if you want to sign on. My past few trips there we normally do the boat dive, eat lunch and do a couple beach dives.

Holy frigid water!

Just saw in another post that Venice water temp is around 57 degrees right now. I could have dived in those conditions back in Virginia! Where's the 80-degree water that I moved to Florida for? :wink:

GlockDiver the West Coast is always a bit cooler than the East Coast.---

Florida west coast scuba- are they the ones with the boat I think it is named hammerhead-- or thunder something?

PS- Do you actually dive with a Glock? I have heard there is a water package where you can change all the springs and internals into stainless but I still do not think I'd want to regularily dunk my Glock in the salt.

Just curious

Did a beach dive with my 12yr old son directly off the pavilion at Venice beach. First dive ever in this location and we brought back about 20 small teeth, dugong ribs, a piece of whale bone and (the prize) a 4" long Meg tooth with nice serrations. We had almost 10 ft of vis and seas were like glass (not so good later in the day when the wind changed direction). Great dive, I can't wait to get back.

We had a great time diving last week. Went out Sunday and Friday with Florida West Scuba. Monday was a wash out. Steve and Marie provided excellent service as always. Water temp was about 64 degrees. I was using a 3 mil wet suit with a 3mil hooded vest. We had a great time, found plenty of smaller teeth. A fair ammount of megs were found. I also found 2 pieces of mammoth teeth. This is probably the coldest water temp I have dove off Venice but I had a blast. Planning my next trip already. Although conditions were excellent for beach diving we were not able to.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom