Venice Shark Tooth Dive, 09/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll meet you there. At whatever location you decide on, and time, its all good:D

hopefully mccain is referring to usa.

We'll meet you there. At whatever location you decide on, and time, its all good:D

We're in too. We've never been, so it would be great to go with a group. Still 8-8:30 at the spot listed earlier? Does anyone know of a place nearby to stay overnight?

Scoobahdood,

I'm sneaking away from work tomorrow to dive Alhambra. That is if all goes well at work. If I do dive I'll report on what I find & see out there!

Scoobahdood,

I'm sneaking away from work tomorrow to dive Alhambra. That is if all goes well at work. If I do dive I'll report on what I find & see out there!

Cool!! Thanks!! Fossilbabe said it is about 2 ft vis. Hopefully it is better when you go and even better by next week!!:D

Cool!! Thanks!! Fossilbabe said it is about 2 ft vis. Hopefully it is better when you go and even better by next week!!:D
Good news and bad news!!!! Vis is 4-5 feet. (Good news) Bone beds off the beach are covered with muck. (bad news) I did my best to find an area for you guys and found that the area is covered with about 4 inches of the stuff. I couldn't find the grass bed at all, they are gone fossil layer is covered with much. Swam out to the reef and found it was covered as well but not as bad. You will have to swim a distance to find the reef. I'm getting the same report from some of the other divers that were coming in as well. One guy did 2 tanks and was getting his 3rd and said he found the bone bed but it was covered. Please dont get this confused with BONE YARD. Bone beds are the small gravel areas in about 17 -20 feet of water, this is the beds that beach divers are looking for. Bone yard is ok to dive and big teeth are being found from the guys off the yaks today. Let me know if this helps you. Just want to give you guys the heads up. ~~~Babe~~~

Fossilbabe are you talking about the area MoteMan called "service club park" being covered with muck? What would cause this and does it go away? There has to be some place to dive and find teeth. All I know is that I need to get in the water soon!!! Any other spots out there from the shore?

By the way Scoobahdood my dive to Alhambra was called off because they had sinus infections. Maybe that spot isn't covered in muck. Of course I don't know what it's like for teeth!

I would say the muck & silt are the result of Ike & conditions are probably the same all along the coast.

We're in too. We've never been, so it would be great to go with a group. Still 8-8:30 at the spot listed earlier? Does anyone know of a place nearby to stay overnight?

We stay here

Welcome to Inn at the Beach

A little pricey (we've paid from $88-$179 for and apt room facing the beach) but very nice and you can walk out of your room w/your gear on, cross the street and your on the beach.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom