Venice Shark Tooth Dive, 09/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are the goodies for the day after cleaning with Vinegar. The shells are for the bottom of a future saltwater aquarium. Maybe there is some recoverable Megladon DNA in the root of the "half" near the lower left corner of the bill - anybody up for a science experiment? :wink:

Heya, in the second pic, what is the one on the top left?

Also, Wormil got a claw of some sort. Hoping he will post a pic soon. Any ideas on what it could be from?

Cool pictures. Here are a few of mine from this weekends dive. Still cleaning teeth, I guess it will take me a couple more days. Just dont want to leave them to long. Mammoth tooth and tusk are still being worked on. I will try to get pictures of them as soon as I can for you guys. ~~~Babe~~~

Attachments

• Venice shark tooth 108.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 108.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Venice shark tooth 115.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 115.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Venice shark tooth 114.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 114.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 76
Cool pictures. Here are a few of mine from this weekends dive. Still cleaning teeth, I guess it will take me a couple more days. Just dont want to leave them to long. Mammoth tooth and tusk are still being worked on. I will try to get pictures of them as soon as I can for you guys. ~~~Babe~~~

Nice finds!!! What do you have in the middle picture?

Nice finds!!! What do you have in the middle picture?
The middle picture is are whale ear bones. I put them on so everyone can learn what they are. A whale has two on each side of their head for balance. I love to pick up these guys. I save each and everyone of them. Thanks ~~~Babe~~~

Here are the goodies for the day after cleaning with Vinegar. The shells are for the bottom of a future saltwater aquarium.

Heya, in the second pic, what is the one on the top left?

Uhm... I'm not sure which item you are referring to in the second pic? (There isn't any specific object in the top left corner) Are you talking about the small edge of a tooth that is showing? It's the same tooth displayed completely in the top left of photo three - possibly FossilBabe can ID it?

My first picture is of small shark teeth
The second one is of whale ear bones
Third picture is of megalodons.

My first picture is of small shark teeth
The second one is of whale ear bones
Third picture is of megalodons.

Are you responding to the two posts just above? Her question regarding the photos was asked in post #91 - before your photos were shown in post #92, so I think she was asking about my photos shown back in post #84 on the previous page. Do you know what kind of tooth that is? I think I've heard it called a Snaggletooth or something like that at one time..

Love your Megs in photo three - I need to follow you around and learn some better tooth finding techniques... :wink:

Uhm... I'm not sure which item you are referring to in the second pic? (There isn't any specific object in the top left corner) Are you talking about the small edge of a tooth that is showing? It's the same tooth displayed completely in the top left of photo three - possibly FossilBabe can ID it?
I thought you guys were talking about my pictures. Sorry. What you have in the second picture is all megalodons and a twenty dollar bill. ~~~Babe~~~

Are you responding to the two posts just above? Her question regarding the photos was asked in post #91 - before your photos were shown in post #92, so I think she was asking about my photos shown back in post #84 on the previous page. Do you know what kind of tooth that is? I think I've heard it called a Snaggletooth or something like that at one time..

Love your Megs in photo three - I need to follow you around and learn some better tooth finding techniques... :wink:
Yes that is a Snaggle tooth shark tooth or by its real name called a Hemipristis serra. Those are upper teeth. ~~~Babe~~~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom