Venice Beach visibility 10 - 15 ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dv4fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just dove Venice Beach today started at 2:45pm vis was great by Venice standards. 10-15ft Vis, water Temp 69 F, no current, wind from west. Made for a nice tooth dive. If all works out I will be there at 8:00am tomorrow morning.

Great!! I'm glad to hear the viz is finally clearing. Thanks for the report!:)

Dam, I hope it's that good next weekend, I might be tempted to head out there. Last time I was there vis was 5 feet.

I dove there this morning, off the end of Venice Ave. It was still 10-15 ft. early on, but seemed to be getting worse by 11:00 or so.

I went out last thursday (played hooky). Vis was 10' temp 68. Found 224 teeth, including one nice meg and 3 snaggletooths. The vis was actully better than I had hoped for.

I'll be there 4/9 as well, with a couple of other divers.

Might be fun! I'll talk to the wife. Where do you meet when you go?

Alhambra:

From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom